close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ACLU may represent the KKK

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by OctoberRust, Jun 15, 2012.

1. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

2. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Not even close. That happened in 1993 with this one:

http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/a...presenting-klan-loses-his-job-with-naacp.html
    The chief lawyer for the NAACP in Texas has been relieved of his duties because he is representing the Ku Klux Klan in a court battle over the release of its membership list.

I agree with the lawyer, if "they" (whoever they are) don't have the freedom then how long will it be before "we" no longer do?

3. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Agreed. The 1st amendment should apply to all. As long as they keep it "speech". The second they harm anyone's life, liberty, or property it becomes illegal and unconstitutional.

4. Dexters

Dexters

5. Rick305

Rick305 ra1sales.com

KKK is designated as a domestic terrorist organization , as that's what they are. (as well as other radical organizations -- JDL , Black Liberation Army , Weather Underground etc ... )

They should have the same rights as Al Queada -- none.

If they (a domestic terrorist organization) should be allowed to adopt a highway , your saying that AMERICANS that are pro-Al Queda (like the one we just picked off) , and start an Al Queda "chapter" -- they should be able to adopt a highway ?

Get real , the klans a joke , everyone and even themselves know it. It's 2012 -- deal with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

6. aplcr0331

aplcr0331 Compulsory Collectivisim

FBI/DHS lists KKK membership at about 5,000....throughout the US. Not million. Thousand.

I've still not had any take me up on my racialicous challenge:

KKK Crimes committed against minorities in the last 25 years vs. Black on White crime in the last 5 years. Who "wins"?

7. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

I hope you are never, ever, in a position to make policy or law. Ever.

8. kiole

kiole

I would argue they are two different types of crime. Like comparing a suicide bombing to a typical shooting homicide. Most black on white crime is your typical crime of opportunity. Most KKK violence towards blacks is meant to intimidate and terrorize. Dragging people behind pickups, murdering random people walking down the road cause they are black and bombing churches with little children inside etc..

The most important speech to protect is that which you don't agree with..

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  9. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Voltaire said it real good.......

"I may not believe in what you say. But I will defend to the death your right to say it."

10. sns3guppy

sns3guppy

The article does not say that at all. The article states that the application of the KKK was denied because the state's highway cleanup program only applies to stretches of highway with a maximum speed limit of 55 mph:

The state did say that promoting the interests of a group such as the KKK would present a grave concern and a distraction for motorists, but that wasn't the reason the KKK was denied the application.

The KKK, of course, represents the sorriest and poorest of mentalities this country has to offer, so it should be little surprise that few want them around. That said, let the little hooded redneck cowards have their day in court.

11. Dexters

Dexters

"The Georgia Department of Transportation denied an application by the International Keystone Knights of the KKK in Union County to adopt part of Route 515 in the Appalachian Mountains on Tuesday, saying that "promoting an organization with a history of inciting civil disturbance and social unrest would present a grave concern" and could negatively impact quality of life in the Peach State."

"In a letter of denial to the KKK, Department of Transportation Commissioner Keith Golden added that the stretch of highway for which the group applied is ineligible for adoption because its posted speed limit exceeds the program maximum of 55 mph."

12. treeline

treeline

You've said it better than I could. My deleted reply was mostly a rant about comparing the collective actions of 5,000 white supremacists to the individual actions of 38 million Americans.

Anyone who says the klan have given up violence is fooling themselves. The reason they haven't commited many attacks is because they get caught in the planning stage. In the last decade they've been prevented from bombing buses, a gas processing plant and an abortion clinic.

13. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

Just in case you haven't noticed, the ACLU sits in the enemy camp. Their mission is to sow hate and discontent.
    Anyone or any organization whose roots are in communism are the enemy. The ACLU is just another enemy.

14. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

They have done it a coupe of times before. In the future the KKK and other groups may have to work together to stop the Zombies. :faint:

15. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

The Klans not a joke and it's very alive and well where I'm from.

When the History Channel wanted current live rally and cross lighting footage, they came to my hometown to get it. Google
    A Secret History of the KKK and you'll find clips on YouTube shot just outside little ol' Mayberry RFD that I didn't embed because of the swear filter and racist content.

16. K.Kiser

K.Kiser

It is staggering to me how many people believe the crap the media has been cramming down their throat... Any white person is faaaar more likely to recieve violence from blacks than a black is to receive violence from a white, despite how the media chooses to cover it... Check any gov't held stats on that...

17. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

hate to say it, my end of the world too.

18. Breadman03

Breadman03

I haven't seen any Klan here, but the racism is out of control.

19. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

upper bucks/montgomery

20. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Two communistic organizations working together for a common cause?

oh-em-Gee, stop the presses! :upeyes: :yawn: :yawn: