Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry in advance if this is a dumb question, but this is my first Glock. If I use fingernail polish to color the stampings on my slide and use fingernail polish remover to take it off, will it damage the finish of the slide?

Thanks

·
Just sayin'
4,637 Posts
Nope.

·
NRA Member
735 Posts
I did it yesterday and it made it look dry. just rub a drop of oil over the slide and it will look perfect again. I would post pics, but while doing this i spilled the bottle of acetone on my digi camera so make sure you don't have yours anywhere near the bottle...

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Hydrocarbon solvents like acetone CANNOT hurt the finish of the metal parts of a Glock. I would not recommend extensive use of them on the plastic peices, though.

·
NRA Member
735 Posts
Hydrocarbon solvents like acetone CANNOT hurt the finish of the metal parts of a Glock. I would not recommend extensive use of them on the plastic peices, though.
also a good note. I used acetone to remove the paint on my crossman pro77 bb gun and let alot of it get on the plastic receiver and it melted it and ruined a $70 bb gun. so make sure you take the receiver of the glock off before you do this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts