Accurized Glock- what's possible?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Beendare, Oct 20, 2019.

1. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

At the same time, if someone is getting every bit of mechanical accuracy their Glock offers, on paper, they are probably shooting better than 99% of the other shooters, out there.

2. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

1.25" at 25 yards, using a sandbag.

[​IMG]

Stock Glock 17 gen4, with a factory gen4 MOS slide with Vortex Venom. That means I have two complete slide assemblies for the same gun.

No trigger work to either. The iron sighted slide actually has the lighter/smoother trigger break, probably because it has a couple thousand more shots on it. The MOS slide, which is used in the pic, has the stiffer trigger and I think that shows in my sandbag group.

For my purposes, I know I can shoot either slide down to near 2" standing unsupported two-hand hold at 25 yards. I, myself, am generally unable to hold better than that. But using a benchrest and sandbag shows the gun can go 1.25". Would it shoot five 5-shot groups in a row like that for an overall average of 1.25"? Without a mechanical rest, I doubt I could keep my own bench concentration that steady. I merely shot couple groups in a row, was down to 1.25" and said to myself "Yup, the gun is well under 2 inches". That is in reference to where my best standing unsupported groups need to be :)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    es 350, Taroman and Mr Meeseeks like this.

3. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

[​IMG]

There’s 10 rested shots at 25 yards with a Gen 5 G17 MOS with a KKM barrel and a Leupold DPP. It’s like a universal law that I WILL throw one shot out of a good group. Get excited about how good the group is shaping up and flinch one right out.

No doubt in my mind that the flier is all me. I believe the three on the right could be tightened up with better fundamentals. This particular KKM fits this particular pistol about as tight as a BarSto. And those Precision Delta JHP’s deliver in terms of accuracy.

FWIW, no part of the pistol touches the sandbag when I bench test for accuracy. I lean my whole body down into the bench, almost like a seated version of prone. Grip as least as tight as I do offhand/freestyle. Bury support hand fist into bag. I attempt to copy my normal shooting grip and eliminate all wobble.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    es 350, ithaca_deerslayer and Taroman like this.
  4. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

The platform is good for a little over an inch at 25 yards. Shooters' ability and gun's ability are 2 different things, and you don't necessarily need to be able to shoot to a particular standard to see that the gun/ammo can do it.

5. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 "Cynical Little me"

I have a 34 that’s pretty dang accurate with the right ammo. All I did was drop a trigger and put Dawson’s on.

Some of these 1911’s you can feel the accuracy just working them dry.

I just fool around now and the 34 fits my paper punching just fine.