close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Accuracy problems with G20SF

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by DR. HOUSE, Aug 18, 2012.

1. DR. HOUSE

DR. HOUSE Everybody Lies

I have a G20SF that I bought new 3 years ago now I think. It's all stock, no mods what so ever.

I seem to be having some accuracy problems with it. I have only shot it three times but from what I can tell, it's shooting low and to the right. The groups are terrible too.

I can put a magazines worth of 9MM ammo from my G17 into a 6" circle at the same 50' distance before and after I shoot my 10MM.

I'm not anticipating the recoil, I have shot way bigger handguns than the 10MM. The G20 has very little recoil IMOP.

I'm not sure what to think about it anymore...........:dunno:

It seems as if something is wrong with the gun. I really don't think it's on my part. I feel that I am a pretty experienced shooter.

I don't have any ideas as to what COULD actually be wrong with my G20 though.

This gun is really frustrating me.

Here is my target at 50' tonight. I was aiming for the middle of the box. It's hitting low and to the right and the groups are terrible. I put 17 rounds of 9MM from my G17 into a 6" circle before and after this as said before. The shots you see on the left are from me aiming more to the left/top left.

[​IMG]

I want to say this is from using crappy Remington target loads but I really don't think the grouping would be this bad considering.

Also, my G20 throws the brass about 10'. I would say thats normal with the pressure of a 10MM but I just had to ask.

Any Ideas?

2. ghostrider88

ghostrider88

Wow :whistling:, maybe ammo , may need some more trigger time, may need to lock elbows an wrist, but practice always seems to help tighten up groups for me. Next time shooting start at about 7 to 10yds and move outward when you start getting groups the seem more to your likeing.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012

3. DR. HOUSE

DR. HOUSE Everybody Lies

Yea, When I looked at the box, I thought wow too.

I have a hard time believing it's me. My groups are so much better with any other handgun be it revolver or my other glocks.

4. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

Move a little closer - say 7 to 10 yards

Put a defined target on the board - a sticky red dot is my favorite. Something with a LOT of contrast.

Shoot off a pile of sand bags.

FOCUS on the front sight. It's easy to let your focus drift.

Squeeze slowly.

If I had to guess, I'd say it is you. I don't mean to be insulting but at such a short range I have a problem consigning all the blame to the ammo.

If I could only shoot my 2nd through 10th shots like my first shot, at 7 yards they would all be in an 1-1/2" group. But I can't... My first shot is always a surprise but after than I begin to anticipate. I think the solution is to fire all first shots. Next time out I'm going to set the gun down between shots.

One problem I have when shooting under a cover is that I can't get a really sharp focus on the front sight. The other problem is that my focus shifts to the target. Sure, I know better but that's the way it seems to work out. I can put the first shot EXACTLY where I am aiming. The others, not so much.

I KNOW that I am anticipating. I KNOW when the round goes off that I won't center punch the target. I just need to work harder.

My eyesight is just not what it used to be. Even with my reading glasses, I have a hard time keeping my focus on the front sight.

BTW, I am shooting a G21SF. Not near the recoil of a G20...

Richard

5. NMGlock79

NMGlock79

You only shot it 3 times and you used crappy ammo....then, you got on the Internet and cried about your accuracy.....

Wow.....

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. DR. HOUSE

DR. HOUSE Everybody Lies

Oh boy, heres another GT Expert. Always something smart to say but nothing that contributes.

7. DR. HOUSE

DR. HOUSE Everybody Lies

Thank you for the advice. I will try what you said and see what happens.

8. NMGlock79

NMGlock79

Ok, here's my contribution:

Shoot it more, try different ammo then report back.

Most of us "experts" would have done this before hand.

The grip on your 20 is bigger than that of your 17, it makes sense that you are gripping it differently....obviously since its a different size gun.

Also, if you are shooting poor groups and suspect it to be ammo related then the wise thing to do is to stop shooting that ammo, if it is under powered ammo (which very well can cause poor grouping) and you continue I fire it you risk getting a stoppage or worse.

Think about what you are doing. 3 times with a different pistol and one type of known underpowered ammo is hardly something to base the accuracy of a gun.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine