Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, I haven't done it, but probably only because I don't know how. :dunno:

I read recently where someone was concerned because they had done just that during a field strip. I figure that if I knew what the heck caused it, I might be better able to avoid doing it. What exactly has to be manipulated to reset the trigger while cleaning? CAN it happen innocently or does it take a true bone-head move? Actually, just the little bit that I pull it back to take the slide off seems like it wants to reset the trigger but it hasn't happened yet. Can someone explain what to keep my phalanges AWAY from to avoid having to ask how to fix it?
Thanks in advance.

emore

·
Registered
69 Posts
And if you do accidently reset the trigger while the pistol is disassembled you can "decock" the frame by pushing forward to the extension of the trigger bar which depresses the firing pin block plunger, pulling the trigger and letting the trigger bar move to the rear.

·
Registered
806 Posts
And if you do accidently reset the trigger while the pistol is disassembled you can "decock" the frame by pushing forward to the extension of the trigger bar which depresses the firing pin block plunger, pulling the trigger and letting the trigger bar move to the rear.

I do that all the time when frame is stripped for cleaning & lubeing. It makes sure that the lube gets into the back end of the trigger bar & connector areas.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
11,769 Posts
Push forward on trigger bar while slide is off, just pull trigger to get in back where it needs to be to put slide on.
Actually I have had no problems putting my slides on while the trigger is reset or not.

·
Florida's Left Coast
9,500 Posts
No, I haven't done it, but probably only because I don't know how. :dunno:

Actually, just the little bit that I pull it back to take the slide off seems like it wants to reset the trigger but it hasn't happened yet...
That statement doesn't make sense. You pull the trigger, grip the slide in it's disassembly grip and pull it back about 1/8", pull down the slide lock and slip off the slide. Forward on the trigger/trigger bar is reset. Pulling back the slide 1/8" isn't going to reset the trigger. If it does reset while doing this, pull the trigger and start over.

You wouldn't pull the trigger to reset it, you'd actually 'push' it, once the slide is off. You can put forward pressure on the trigger bar vertical extension and reset and pull the trigger while doing so (with the slide off.)

Are you asking the right question? Is this the right answer for you?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts