Accidental conversation with Anti

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by jetdefiant, Mar 24, 2010.

1. jetdefiant

jetdefiant

So I work as DoD civilian for the army and today while doing some testing in squads, I'm talking to a guy in my squad about guns and it turns out he's into them as well. Not as in the loop to NJ gun laws and US gun-related current events like Heller and Mcdonald, so there I was having a nice conversation with a future gun buddy and this guy from another squad overhears us and goes

"You aren't one of those people who actually think it's a good idea to let people carry guns are you?" (In a very aggressive, 'I'm right and I know so much more about this than you" attitude)

"Why yes I am!" (with a smile on my face)

"Those guys are kidding themselves, them people saying if students had guns they could have prevented Virginia Tech, I tell ya, you are more likely to shoot someone in a fit of road rage if you let people carry guns"

At this point five other guys in my squad overhear and decide to join in the conversation, five people who up until that moment, I had NO idea were gun owners and very pro gun!!!! So it was like six verse one!

We start off by quoting statistics and his response was statistics are irrelevant

I chime in with Florida and the shall issue movement which resulted in lower crime and he got fixated at the audacity of Florida gambling with people's lives.

He then brings up Jesus telling Peter that those who live by the sword die by the sword, to which i respond with

“If a thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so he dies, there shall be no guilt for his death.” Exodus 22:2

He shrugs it off since it is Old Testament.

At this point our squad leader sees this is going nowhere and tells us to keep moving and have the squad with the anti stay behind. As we walk away we end up talking guns and talking about how ya just can't fight emotion with hard facts. Turns out in addition to guns they were also all very conservative so all in all I made some extra gun buddies at work!

There is nothing more satisfying than finding out a bunch of people (especially in NJ) who agree with pretty much all your values!

2. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Good find! I have been finding more and more pro 2nd Amendment folks and gun owners where I work as well... I work at a very liberal college, so it's a real surprise.

I have a Glock sticker on my office door along with my NRA sticker and an Oath Keeper sticker as well. Yes I know don't advertise... blah, blah, blah... but the simple fact is the only way to combat ignorance is to confront it. And to confront it you don't hide it. My home... different story. Anyhow my boss is neither pro nor anti-gun. He is curious but could really care less either way. So he tolerates my stickers and shooting stories.

I also keep a silhouette in my office... makes a great conversation piece, but it's also introduced me to several people (some of which I would never have guessed) that are pro-gun and now are shooting buddies. So I think it's great your interaction with a moron produced so many potential new shooting buddies!!! Right on!

3. epoxy252

epoxy252

Luke 22:36
    "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"

New Testament
    Jesus had the right idea about self defense.

4. lanternlad

lanternlad Mythmatician

RANT ON

I LOVE how that one gets taken out of context and misquoted. Jesus said that to fulfill a prophecy. When Peter USED one of the swords in question to cut off the ear of the High Priest's servant, Jesus told Peter to put the sword away "for those who live by the sword shall die by the sword." Remember that one? No? Read the whole thing over again. Freakin' Christians. I love how use the Prince of Peace to further your own agenda because you don't have the balls to stand up for your own convictions. Hypocrites.

I really wish some of you holier-than-thou Christians would read your own damn book before you make yourselves look like idiots.

RANT OFF

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  5. gearjammer351

gearjammer351 EnemyOfTheState

The great thing about having a rule book which is thousands of pages- you can always find justification for whatever it is you were going to do anyway.

You don't expect people to actually follow the tenets of their own religion if those things are inconvenient to them, do you? That's just silly! :supergrin:

I recall the time I read an impassioned defense of slavery from a Christian perspective; it pointed out all the places in the bible where slavery was mentioned and there is not a single condemnation of the practice, and several passages that could be considered indifferent or supportive (such as a quote from Jesus that slaves should be obedient to their masters).

6. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

Too bad there isn't a forum dedicated to these type of rants

:whistling:

7. davew83

davew83 hhhhhhhhmmmmmmm

We should make one, and call it sigtalk.com

:supergrin:

8. TH237

TH237

How dare you call Gods Holy Word a "damn book".
    In my opinion you just gave us in site into your intellect. And it isn't looking good.

9. itisbruno

10. lanternlad

lanternlad Mythmatician

Hmmm. So you call my intellect into question. Let's revisit this.

That's one fix.

That's two fixes.

That's three fixes. (It's considered bad grammar to start a sentence with "and," "but," or "yet".)

Your post proves my point. Especially the "how dare you." Very Christian and forgiving. Not "holier than thou" at all. Good one.

11. itisbruno

[​IMG]

12. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

Nonagression isn't the same thing at all as failing to defend ones self, or failing to defend ones family, friends, neighbors..

If attacked, defend. If attacked with deadly force, defend with deadlly force.

I defy you to find a speck of aggression in that position, and I'm as imperfect a Christian as ever claimed it, absolutely ordinary.

Avoiding trouble is lots easier when you understand self defense.. and you are willing to defend your position. Less won't work, and more is redundant.

13. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

The Old testament is the right way. You should have told his liberal butt that the gun is the great equalizer for size differences. Sounds like you made some new friends.:cool:

14. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 Pastafarian

True story.

and...omnomnomnom

15. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 Pastafarian

:rofl: Hey, Freud

16. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

You are as bad as me,:rofl:

17. gearjammer351

gearjammer351 EnemyOfTheState

Slightly OT- but have you seen the film this scene is from? I highly reccomend it. If you haven't I'll give you a tip- she isn't the hot one- she's not even close :supergrin:

18. silentpoet

silentpoet

That long article is only one interpretation. Taken as a whole the bible endorses the defense of self and others. John the Baptist did not tell the soldiers to not be soldiers. Jesus comended the faith of the centurion. He did not condemn his profession or bearing of weapons. A centurion was a soldier who had worked his way through the ranks. I think we are commanded to provide for the safety of our family.

19. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I thought Jesus told them to sell their cloaks and buy a sword?

20. american lockpicker

american lockpicker License to Il

Doesn't it say somewhere in the New Testament about selling your stuff to buy a weapon if you don't have one?