close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Accessory light to fit my Glock 19 and HK USP 40 Compact

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mike_g19, Nov 25, 2004.

Tags:
  1. mike_g19

mike_g19

Hello all. I've owned my Glock 19 for about a year now and love it. Last week I picked up a HK USP Compact 40 in stainless (still virginized). My question: Is there a light will mount on the accessory rails of both pistols?

Here are some pics, enjoy:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. pnguyen678

pnguyen678

Those are excellent pistols. The Glock 19 will fit just about any tactical light since it has standard rails. The HK USP 40 has a proprietary light mount so you can only use the HK UTL light.

What you can do for the USP is get the GG&G M3 light adapter. It'll allow you to mount the sturdy and affordable ITI M3/M6 tactical light:

GG&G M3 Adapter

You can also use the adapter to mount something nicer like the SureFire X200.

3. mike_g19

mike_g19

Thanks for the quick reply. That's great to know because now I can get one light for both pistols and switch :)

Is the M3 a fairly decent light? I don't need anything fancy or top of the line, just something for practice at the range when it gets dark.

I've already purchased night sights for the HK as I have seen how valuable they were on the glock.

Thanks again for the info!

4. pnguyen678

pnguyen678

Yes, the ITI M3 is a good light. Sturdy and affordable. I recently saw an advertisement from Botach Tactical priced at $80. It's a heck of a bargain.

You can't go wrong with either choice. Here a pic I took a while back of my G19 with M3:

[​IMG]

5. Bob

Bob G23/C,G24/C,G33 Millennium Member

Yes it is, however do a search here at GT on "Botack Tactical" they are WELL known for taking your money for months on end without sending your order.

The M3/M6 is a great light.

6. pnguyen678

pnguyen678

I guess I'm lucky then because I've done business with them for two years now and no problems so far.

I ordered one of their ITI M3 specials and got it about a week later. So, I can only report on my experience. Sorry to hear that other people are having bad experiences..

7. lazarus

lazarus Hard to Kill

I have had a chance to play with the Glock light, the M3, and the Surefire X200a. There is no comparison. The X200a is the only way to go. It is a bit more $$$, but you get what you pay for.

Buy the best and only cry once.

8. mike_g19

mike_g19

Thank you guys for all your helpful input. I think I may go with the M3, as I'm just using it for target shooting at the range when the light gets low. I'll post more pics of it on my two pistols once I get it:)

Thanks again!

9. Nathan2003

Nathan2003 Wanna Cookie?

www.farmpolicesupply.com

has the M3 for $87 and I have never had problems with them. I've ordered quite a few things from there and they have all arrived in a timely fashion.

I have only ordered one thing from BOTACH but I dont recall having any issues with them.

I carry an M3 on my duty G22. Great light for the money and well worth it on a home defense weapon.

10. mike_g19

mike_g19

Thanks for the input...That's a good price I'll check them out. Good to know the LEO's are using them.

Mike

11. Nathan2003

Nathan2003 Wanna Cookie?

My partner and I were using the M3 that we had purchased ourselves. Our Chief has just purchased the M6 for us but I am waiting on a holster from don hume so i have no reports for it other then my cats love the laser.

I have shot about 1000 rounds through my G22 with the light on for quals and stuff and i've never had a problem with it.

12. mike_g19

mike_g19

lol my dog goes crazy chasin the laser pointer around....anyways, ive heard good and bad things about lasers, don't think i'm quite sold on one yet though. I'll stick w/ my night sights and soon to be m3 for now:)

13. Nathan2003

Nathan2003 Wanna Cookie?

I dont think I would ever personally purchase a laser although the intimidation(sp) factor of them is great. Nothing like a BG looking at his chest and seeing a red dot sitting there.

They have there good and bad points. I like mine but the light is much more helpful then the laser.

One last thing. If you order from the website I posted, the $87 M3 doesn't come with batteries.(it does come with a spare bulb though) This isn't a big deal since you can get them in bulk at a good price from www.surefire.com.