close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Access to glocktalk.com at work...

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Firetoad, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Firetoad

Firetoad

I have a question for anyone/everyone. I am unable to connect to glocktalk at work. Evidently, glocktalk is blocked via a proxy/firewall server and/or our ISP. Our system admin is out of town right now, but I was curious if anyone else has had this problem. What I really find weird is that there are only two sites that I have found that are blocked: glockmeister and glocktalk. Glock.com and several other glock sites aren't blocked, so I am at a loss. I am currently using a public proxy server at work but it is very slow and there are huge amounts of pop-ups.

2. AC37

AC37 SystemicAnomaly

No, I access GT just fine from work all the time. Guess your sysadmin decided to block GT or something.

3. Firetoad

Firetoad

Well I spoke with our network admin this morning, and just as I suspected, we do not block anything in house re. web access. He also said that our ISP should not be blocking anything either. Does anyone have the actual IP address of glocktalk that I could try to see if it is the name glocktalk or the page itself that is being blocked? Also, does anyone know of a decent public proxy server?

Thanks!

4. MB-G26

MB-G26 Non-existent STUPID GURL Lifetime Member

My firewall logs show it as 65.121.170.156
    m

5. wabash

wabash Millennium Member

6. Firetoad

Firetoad

Thanks everyone! I found a free public proxy server that isn't too bad, only one extra, external window. I have yet to figure out why glocktalk and glockmeister are the only two blocked though.

7. JMC

JMC

One night at work, I tried to click on a link in my email that pointed back to Glocktalk and found that Glocktalk was blocked by our proxy server. Now, I'm a network admin and have domain admin privs on our proxy server, so I know that we did not specifically block the site. However, we do use SurfPatrol, which maintains a database of various sites which are not allowed. Evidentally, Glocktalk is one of the sites identified by SurfPatrol as inappropriate.