Civil Liberties Abortion - Why is it such an important issue for the left?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Nikola_777, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Nikola_777

Nikola_777

I understand why opposing abortion is so important for the right, but why is it that the left will spend so much political capital to keep it legal? I believe a huge part of Kavanaugh's troubles are based on the loss of a left leaning justice on the SCOTUS and the effect that will have on pro-abortion causes.

Is it possible to logic to such a position?

orangejeep06 and Gunsnguitars like this.
  2. fg17

fg17

I don’t know why it’s so important of an issue for the right? Especially men.

3. MikeLadner

MikeLadner

This. A thousand times over, this.

4. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

Once a woman murders her baby, she needs a lifetime of reassurance that she did a wonderful thing.
    Or forgiveness instead of congratulations.
    Without it, she's doomed to a lifetime of guilt, with nightmares of screaming babies.

5. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

My issue is, it should have never gone to the SCOTUS. It should have stayed with the states or voted on. RvsW was legislation from the bench.

If a man has to pay support for a child they fathered, they should also have a say in whether or not that child can be aborted.

6. 1bigK

1bigK

Because the left are grasping at every potential what-if as a reason to justify their opposition to BK’s successful nomination. As per usual, their argument does not need any basis in reality to become a rallying cry. (You know, just like their arguments for more gun control.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Nikola_777

Nikola_777

The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution guarantees the right to life. The prevailing view on the right is that life begins at conception.

Defense of the helpless is supposed to be what America is all about. That is what I believe is the motivation on the right.

8. Terry G

Terry G

I don't get this either. I don't see Roe Vs. Wade overruled. Why is this such a big concern? Are Men going to march against vasectomies?

9. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

And, when is the last time anyone saw an orphanage?
    Childless American couples have to go to the third world to import babies to adopt, because America slaughters them.

10. Nikola_777

Nikola_777

Personally, I don't believe it is a states right issue.

The 10th amendment reads:
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

As I said earlier. Our founding documents guarantee life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. So that should not be a 10A issue... Just like the 2A shouldn't be covered under the 10A...

happie2shoot likes this.
  11. Brasso

Brasso Millennium Member

Because the Left doesn't believe in God amd wants to be promiscuous and use drugs without consequence. Those are the only reasons and it's sickening. How could a mother kill her own child? I have no idea.

I guess you just have to be an immoral slut.

12. DonD

DonD

I have simply never understood why by far the most extreme opponents of abortion are men? It's only men who bomb abortion clinics, not women who mostly stop at screaming at protest lines.

It's female bodies, one would think the women would be the out of control ones but they're not.

Personally, I don't think abortion is a suitable means of birth control. Don't want kids, take birth control, very simple. The Catholic church is so out of touch with reality. Hiding pedophiles and sex abusing priests but still obsessed with birth control, the only mainstream religion that behaves that way.

What I find completely unacceptable is the far right's attitude that no abortion should ever be legal under any circumstances. WRONG! If I were a woman and raped, I'd want to get rid of anything growing in me from the rapist. Inconceivable that any law would force the woman to carry the baby to term, particularly since giving birth has a not inconsequential risk of death.

F'ing lawyers and extremists need to bow out in such an issue. Don

13. fg17

fg17

IDK people die all the time, we kill and let people die all the time
    It has to be more than that, some grown men get very emotional over the issue, I don’t get it.

14. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

Here's a question for all you guys who don't think we should have a say: Has a woman ever aborted your child, a child that you would have lovingly raised, without telling you? When you found out, how did you feel?

Trust me, every time you look at your (un-aborted) children you feel the pain.

15. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

Because it is irrational to say it is OK to kill helpless babies.

16. DonD

DonD

BS, read what I wrote about a woman being raped, she didn't ask for it. Don

Cambo likes this.
  17. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

And Roe V Wade does acknowledge this. If it were argued today, advances in medical science would force a different outcome.

Steady Glockin likes this.
  18. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

Red herring argument based upon actual abortion statistics.

19. hogship

hogship A republic, if you can keep it! Silver Member

RvsW will not be overturned......as should be.

Being able to follow the dictates of your own conscience is called.....freedom. Deciding this matter for someone else, is called oppression.

For the record, I am not pro-abortion......but, I am certainly pro-freedom for the individual to decide this issue without external interference. I know some consider it murder, and under some circumstances, I'd agree with that......but, there are those who disagree, and that's their right, and should be their freedom to make that decision, and choice. If I could choose for them, I'd choose to not abort in many cases......but, it's not my right to make that decision for them.

Glock Commander, DAKA, 1bigK and 3 others like this.
  20. MikeLadner

MikeLadner

A cluster of somewhat formed cells that cannot survive outside of its host does not a baby make.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

ProtectedByGlock, DAKA, 1bigK and 4 others like this.