Glock Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
17,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So short version of a long story.

I obtained a really messed up G32 frame that someone had tried to stipple and chop to a G33 length. It was really FUBAR, so I sent it back to Glock, paid $100, and a few minutes ago I got home with my brand new Gen 3 compact frame. My intention for this frame was to dedicate it to my 19-23 AA .22LR conversion kit.

So I slide the AA conversion kit onto the frame, it seems to lock in place just fine. Dry fire the gun (yeah I know you shouldn't do it much with the AA kit), point the gun towards the floor and the slide falls off. WTF? take a look at the new frame, it looks like a Glock Frame should. So I dig my G23 out, unload it and field strip it. put the AA kit on the G23 frame and it works fine. Take the G23 slide put it on the new frame, it works fine. Put the AA kit back on the new frame, pull the trigger and the slide falls off. It's like the new frames slide lock is not engaging the AA kit, but it works just fine with the G23 slide. The AA kit worked fine on my G19, G23 and the FUBAR G32 frames.

Anyone have any ideas?

· Registered
17,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well looking closer, the slide lock is not going all the way up. Now to figure out why.

· Registered
1,720 Posts
You probably already know this, but in the AA manual there is a bolded note under installation that reads:
NOTE: After installing the slide, make sure that the "Glock Slide Lock" is in the up most position, see figure 7. This will usually happen on its own when you install the slide, however, if it does not, then you will need to push on the muzzle of the barrel so that the barrel moves rearward allowing the slide lock to pop up.
This must happen often enough that they had to place it in the instructions.

· Registered
17,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pushing on the muzzle is not doing it. This new Gen3 frame locking block is very different from my old ones. I just put an old locking block in the new frame and the AA kit works just fine. Took the new locking block and tried to put it into the old frame and it won't fit. The new locking block has a flange on the sides. I'll post pictures in a little while.

· Registered
17,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Called and talked to AA, they again suggested pushing harder. Put the muzzle on the table, locked my arms straight and put all 185 lbs into it and I could finally move the slide lock into place.

As for the locking block it looks like it is just the latest version which Glock started using a little over a year ago.

· Registered
1,720 Posts
Glad you got the issue resolved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.