AA battery help

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by WINGS, Jul 6, 2007.

1. WINGS

WINGS CLM

I have a new Olympus SP550UZ camera ordered and it takes 4 AA batteries.
    Which rechargable ones are the best to buy???

Thanks.
    W

2. brownmajik

brownmajik Manu Militari

I love the 900 mAh rechargables by Energizer. I have a Fuji FinePix A700 for snap shots and it'll usually do about 500-600 pictures before they need to be recharged. They come in 4-packs with the charger and I usually have 2 charging while I use the other two in the camera. I think the whole kit and kaboodle set me back about $35.00 at Best Buy. They work pretty well in my airsoft handgun as well, hee hee hee.:thumbsup:

3. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

You can get Energizer NiMH 2500 mAh for $9.95 a pack. I don't think I have ever seen 900 mAh AA.

4. WINGS

WINGS CLM

After getting some recommendations on GT and one other forum I ordered batteries from Amazon.com for Sanyo 2700mAh AA NiMH batteries. Sanyo kinda invented rechargeable batteries and the ones that I ordered have been know to hold up longer (4 times longer than regular batteries), even after taking more than 650+ pictures in digital cameras. The also hold their charge longer when stored.
    Thanks for the tip everybody. I appreciate it.
    W

5. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

I heard of the new longer-lasting-when-stored NiMH batteries, but it never mattered to me as I drain them before they would ever have a chance to discharge on their own. ;)

I would say anything 2500 mAh and up will serve you very well. Modern cameras are very efficient when comes to juice usage.