close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

AA .22lr conversion: G19 or G26?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jb0009, Jul 31, 2012.

1. jb0009

jb0009 Glock On

I am very interested in purchasing the Advantage Arms .22lr conversion kit for either my G19 or G26, but am not sure which one I should get. Main uses will be cheap plinking and trying to help my wife get more comfortable with pistol shooting. My G19 is my dedicated nightstand and winter carry piece, and the G26 has been sitting in a case in the closet ever since I got the LCP. So on one hand, I feel like I should get the conversion for the G26, since it's not being used much right now; but on the other hand, it seems the longer slide of the G19 will enhance its usefulness with the .22lr round. Sorry this is so long, just trying to make sure I look at it from all angles before diving in. Any input is welcomed...except for saying I should be carrying the G26 instead of the LCP. :whistling:

2. TactiCool

TactiCool

Personally, I would recommend the conversion kit for the G19 since you said it would be used for SD, and developing good muscle memory for your SD gun is pretty important.

I just bought one myself, for my G17, since that is my SD gun.

3. creophus

creophus Born Again

Either one would be a good choice.

If you put it on the 19, it will give good practice with the HD gun. If you put it on the G26, you'll be able to practice with the 19 and the 26.