close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A Well Regulated Militia

Discussion in 'The Book Rack' started by Alma, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Alma

Alma

There's a great new book on the market called A Well Regulated Militia.

It is a pro-second amendment , pro-freedom novel that weaves a cautionary tale about open borders in the age of Islamic terrorism.

[​IMG]

Here's the webpage where additional information and ordering can be found:www.awrmthenovel.com

It has received excellent reviews and was written by a shooter for shooters.

419!

2. glkdawg45

glkdawg45

There is another book, at militarybookclub.com with that same title.

Outspoken critics and supporters of gun control like to crow about the Founding Fathers’ intentions when they wrote and ratified the Second Amendment right to bear arms. When asked how they know what exactly was in the minds of men who died two centuries ago, they will usually state their points that much louder, rather than provide and answer. For this reason, gun control debates go nowhere.

Anyone who takes the issue seriously and truly wants to get to the heart of the Second Amendment will breath a sigh of relief when they open this book. Author Saul Cornell isn’t just a top Constitutional scholar, he’s Director of the Second Amendment Research Center at the John Glenn Institute, and with A Well-Regulated Militia, he proves that neither side has it quite right. While anti-gun control advocates claim the Second Amendment protects the individual’s right to bear arms, gun-control activists argue that it merely protects a state’s right to maintain militias. Cornell says, however, that the Founders meant it as a civic right—a citizen’s obligation to arm himself so he could participate in a well-regulated militia. Cornell uses history, not rhetoric, to chart the course of the modern gun-control debate in America, which dates back to the 19th Century, and get to the heart of what the framers of the Constitution “meant.”

Thorough yet readable, A Well-Regulated Militia is an important and fascinating study that, read with an open mind, will lift the fog and make you see the gun control debate with brand new eyes. B/W photos. 319 pages.

I'll have to get this new one your talking about.

3. Alma

Alma

As you've learned, the title of my book isn't unique. Whereas, the book you mentioned seems to be a historical examination of the second amendment...my book is a novel.

My novel was written especially for the patriot/militia community and tells a story of how armed citizens defend the united states against an armed invasion.

419!

4. glkdawg45

glkdawg45

Just read the sample chapter. VERY GOOD ! I can't wait to get the book.

5. Alma

Alma

I believe you ordered a book, right?

If so, then it should be on your doorstep by Monday.

I hope you enjoy the story and if you do, then please post your thoughts and encourage others to read it!

Thanks,
    419!