close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

A+ to MEC-GAR customer service

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by Butcher, May 23, 2006.

1. Butcher

Butcher NRA Life Member

i recently ordered two magazines from MEC-GAR (8 round 1911 mags with floorplates) and immediately upon ordering them i realized i ordered the wrong finish on the metal. i emailed them and said to please cancel my order. two days later, the credit was removed from my checking account and i thought all was fine. this past friday, the credit reappeared on my account and i was furious.

i called their local number and 800 number and left voice mails after hours, and faxed copies of my dated emails with handwritten notes saying to please cancel my order because i didn't mean to order those mags.

well yesterday the mags arrived anyway. you're probably thinking "why would you give them an A+ for customer service then?!" here's why...

i immediately called and after one ring a man named David picked up. i explained what had happened and he immediately apologized and offered to pick my mags up (he'd pay shipping) and send me two new stainless steel competition mags that were much more expensive that what i had originally wanted. i told him "well, here's the problem, i wanted the mags home in time for me to pick up my new gun on wednesday" he said he would next-day airmail them to me.

sure enough, i got two fresh mags in the mail this morning (spoke with Dave at 4:30pm yesterday) for the price of the cheapest 1911 mags they offer with the cheapest shipping method :) kudos to Dave at Mec-Gar. wish all customer service reps would be so professional and efficient like he was to me!