close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A suggestion perhaps...

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by WolfmanGK, Nov 30, 2004.

1. WolfmanGK

WolfmanGK Super Plump

In another lesser forum I used to frequent, they had a forum called the flame forum. If a thread about, say, GWB went sour, things could get very ugly, very fast. What GT were to, say, incorporate such a forum, to let people vent and freak out? No cusswords, the same filters applied to the regular forums... Just an idea. It might not bode well with the family site thing, but it might be a good place for people to duke it out. ;c

2. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

Dave, I think the reason Eric doesn't have that type of forum is that it just escalates problems and could lead to people saying and doing things they can't take back.

I believe Eric would rather have members, if they get angry enough about a problem, just shut down their computer for a bit, and gather their thoughts, before saying and doing things that leave an unkind impression of them with their fellow Glock Talk members.

People have long memories here, and someone going off half cocked and losing their cool on the spur of the moment decision, has caused many problems here in the past. Even in our everyday life we see things and encounter problems that might make us angry. It's at those times that we have to bite our tongues and try not to lose our tempers, especially in public. It is hard, but we do it just the same.

Eric would rather have us handle our differences of opinions with adult conversation and a bit of tact. Name calling and screaming at each other never solved anything. In fact people tend to escalate an argument rather than back down on a site such as this, to do otherwise would make them look weak. Having hard and strict rules against it makes it much easier to just let the problem rest and walk away.

A person that walks away from an argument and doesn't resort to childish name calling and putdowns, always looks bigger in my eyes.

Again it is Erics decision in the long run about this forum, but our feelings generally assimilate. Maybe he'll chime in here and give us his opinion on it. That's mine for now.

Eddie C.;f

3. feetpiece

feetpiece Unforgiven

I've become increasingly concerned with recent threads and members. GNG is starting to get as bad or worse than the old "AWOT" forum. I have a special attachment to GT, not just because I found it during the war, but because it was a "community" to converse in while I was in the combat zone. GT has also been my shoulder during my recent domestic distress, and in a sense my family. I don't like the idea of a forum dedicated to flame wars because this site - this community is a family. Older members should know that and respect it's integrity as such. As for newer members, I may be a little heavy handed in saying this but they need to shape up or ship out.