A Stupid Local Bank Robber Joins Popular Reality TV Show - Gets Nabbed!! -

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by LanceOregon, Jan 2, 2010.

1. LanceOregon

LanceOregon

This dude has got to be one of the dumbest bank robbers in history. A local man who committed 3 bank robberies in our area over the last 3 years got a job in 2009 on one of the highest rated reality series on TV: "The Deadliest Catch"

Besides working as a Dungeness Crab fisherman and Forest Firefighter here in Oregon, Joshua Tel Warner had also robbed these banks. Police in Eugene Oregon had no clue at all who he was despite having security camera video footage of him, until he went on national TV. Then witnesses to the robberies saw him on the show, and contacted police, identifying him as the robber.

Warner had been known on the show as being an argumentative troublemaker, and thus had really stood out among the cast. Why on earth would someone who committed so many serious felonies be stupid enough to go on national TV? Do these people really get paid that much for being on these shows? What was this idiot thinking?

Warner was picked up on a routine traffic stop two nights ago, after a warrant had been put out for him.

Here is Warner's booking photo. He is a nice looking young man, the same age as my son.

[​IMG]

For full details, here is a link to the complete news story in our local newspaper:

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cm...9072-41/warner-bank-eugene-robbery-donaca.csp

And another news account:

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/12/eugene_police_seek_deadliest_c.html

2. CitizenOfDreams

CitizenOfDreams

Why would one still need a job after robbing 3 banks? :dunno:

3. LanceOregon

LanceOregon

Apparently he was a lousy bank robber. Police say that he got very little cash each time.

Now he faces a long term in prison.

4. RedHaze

RedHaze Handgunner

Eugene has always had a bunch of bright ones... :upeyes:

5. Tac 5.8

Tac 5.8 Bean counter

Let's put this way. he does not know how to rob a bank right!

6. Kosher Larry

Kosher Larry MWAG

Because statistically the average "note job" yields less than $5000. It's a lot of work and risk for what is really not a lot of money.

Oh, and this guy is definitely a moron.

7. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

always have a plan b...

8. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

That there is a special kind of stupid.

9. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Because, on average,a bank robber gets less than $5,000 per robbery. A month of honest work as a crab fisherman probably pays a lot more.

10. 540mope

540mope

Joshua will quickly learn how to drop the soap

11. Tac 5.8

Tac 5.8 Bean counter

Because this kid does not know how to rob a bank and he probably regret later of what he did but it's already too late for him!!

12. pugman

pugman

the man robbed a bank three years ago and had not been caught....he probably thought at this point the odds of him being caught were very, very small.

I knew the average drawer job netted very little money. When I have talked with tellers at our bank and looked into their drawers when they cash a check there couldn't be more than a few thousand in there.

13. LanceOregon

LanceOregon

Well, the FIRST robbery was in 2007. But then he did a SECOND one in 2008, and then a THIRD one just this past August, less than 5 months ago. The police had video surveillance of every robbery, and appealed to the public for help in identifying him.

Apparently he had few friends, or at least none willing to rat him out. But once he got on national TV, a lot of local people then saw what he looked like. And witnesses of the robberies then made the connection.

Does this incident perhaps have anything to say about the sort of people who are showing up on reality TV shows these days??

14. carbuncle

carbuncle is not cool.

He was a whiny little jack*** on the show. Didn't he get fired?

15. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

This is the most likely reason he was caught. Someone who just knew he was always right, always on the correct side of things, and just couldn't do any wrong. It's the same sort of traits shared by most knot headed criminals. The world is theirs, and they want it all.......now. This is the sort of guy who'll refuse a lawyer, sure he can represent himself better than anyone else. He's just right, always.

Thank heavens there are folks like that, how else would we catch them all?

16. LanceOregon

LanceOregon

I believe that you may be correct about that. While I have watched this show in the past, though, I have not followed the latest season.

Josh Warner was a "green horn" on the "Wizard". Does anyone remember him more clearly?

17. Critias

Critias Freelancer CLM

You say "these days" like they haven't always been dim-witted attention whores.

18. LanceOregon

LanceOregon

It seems that the networks are now really scrapping the bottom of the barrel these days.

Most reality TV shows are a waste of anyone's time. And even the ones that are more original and interesting and are better produced, seem to quickly become boring and tedious to me.

I watched this series when it first came out, as it was rather fascinating for awhile. But I don't see how they can continue to have this show on the air, without it becoming the same basic story being told over and over again.

19. That's all Brother

That's all Brother

You can't fix Stoooopid. I was thinking he would get tossed overboard a couple of times. Got on my nerves watching him on TV, couldn't imagine being on a Boat with him.

20. Chad Landry

Chad Landry Cajunator® CLM

Have you landed a job at Entertainment Tonight yet?