GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I started listening to him in ‘91 - the year I started patrol. He along with my other political and Christian talk radio shows made all of those countless hours in a patrol unit bearable throughout my career. Of course, countless more hours of him and the others occupied my mind, informed me, challenged me and entertained me in my home and my car. If you knew me you knew I was a Rush listener.

There will be some jockeying for a while before a competent contender steps up to take his place, but he/she will never be able replace Rush!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
There are a few other things we will also miss going forward (or is it backward???) He was fun to listen to. I’ll always remember the thrill my step son had from being on his show one day - he was a great guy!

There is a radio announcer for the Buffalo Sabres, Rick Jeanneret. He's just like Rush, the best there ever was.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Happened to me as well. Someone/something that was always there, all of a sudden is not. All I have to do is look up the day of my physical for my time as a reserve cop, and the shots that came with it, and I have the the exact date I found him. Driving my dad's 72 Ford Pick Up, am radio only.

·
17,926 Posts
I started listening to Talk radio in the mid seventies on radio station KFI Los Angelse when I started working for a General contractor who every day at lunch tuned in to Paul harvey and also listened to a weekly radio broadcast by Ronald Reagan who was Governor at the time. I also listend to a local guy, George Putnam who was very conservative, and I listend to Dennis Prager who had n evening show called "Religion on the Line of Radio station KABC. In 1984 I started listening to Rush Limbaugh who ewas broadcasting out of Sacramento before he was nationally syndicated.

I still listen to talk radio while driving in my car and my favorite talk show host these days is Mark Levin but I also listen to Shawn Hannity and Lars Larson and a couple of others and one guy I used to really like was Jerry Doyle who unfortunatly died young of cancer at age 60 in 2016. There's some good voices out there but there will ever be another Rush Limbaugh. The Left hated him because he very effectively pointed out their dishonesty and hypocrisy using humor. No one else has done that and I doubt that anyone else ever will to the degree that he was able to do it especailly now that they're practically burning people at the stake for the kind of political in-correctness Rush Limbaugh once engaged in.

·
Registered
13,551 Posts
So you are told you probably have less than a year to live. You are, against all odds, in for the fight of your life. Your net worth is upwards of $500M.
What do you do?
Rush spends most of his remaining time pushing for conservative values and trying to rally a Trump / Republican win in a vicious election.
Simply Amazing

·
Bitter American
620 Posts
I like him but he's hard to listen to. I find his voice kind of irritating and he talks so fast it's like a 33 1/3rd rpm record being played at 78 rpm.
I like Shapiro but he just doesn't have a good "radio voice". I always picture him as someone on speed when he talks, ninety miles an hour.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
still no clue who will set the standard from this point going forward... Rush was the standard for so long, it's going to be difficult for anyone else to assume the leadership...

·
rip "Bud"
9,456 Posts
I'll miss Rush even tho I don't have radio reception where i live. But I know I felt the loss of Paul Harvey News for years after. So I feel badly for you who were there everyday to hear the Golden Microphone.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
I'm not the biggest Rush fan, but I already miss him. His voice, opinions and optimism was very soothing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts