Glock Talk banner

A Ruger Mark IV came home with me today

1150 Views 31 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  Valmet
Have an Energetic Armament Nyx Mod2 suppressor sitting in jail and saw this Mark IV sitting all by it's lonesome in the gun shop. Thought it might make a good host for the suppressor. I am going to delete the bottom rail as I have no use for that.

I really need to stay out of that shop. Same place I brought the Colt GAU-5/A/A home from last week.

Trigger Gun barrel Gadget Gun accessory Air gun
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
502 Posts
Nice. If you keep an eye on the clearance section of the volquartsen website, you can find spare takeoff parts real cheap. Sometimes you can find a different upper that you might want, and they are often as cheap as $20-$40

Example:. You can get a spare 5.5" upper. You just put your bolt in it and it's good to go. $40 with a case. But it has to ship to a ffl.
Font Gun barrel Trigger Auto part Gun accessory

· Premium Member
19,817 Posts
Have an Energetic Armament Nyx Mod2 suppressor sitting in jail and saw this Mark IV sitting all by it's lonesome in the gun shop. Thought it might make a good host for the suppressor. I am going to delete the bottom rail as I have no use for that.

I really need to stay out of that shop. Same place I brought the Colt GAU-5/A/A home from last week.

View attachment 1154530
Nice choice !

· Premium Member
15,124 Posts

View attachment 1154530
That looks good, congrats.
Can't believe it came in box that big, but hey at least it isn't cardboard..lol.

· Native Mainiac
37,813 Posts
Haha, yep the first time you take down one of the older models it does seem like one.
Yup, for some folks it can be a real chore getting that little hangy-down thing into the cup thing for sure. I stillgotta do a little wiggling and mild cursing sometimes to get it back together.

But the new MKIV is so simple it's amazing. Kind of makes you wonder why old Bill Ruger and Alex Strum didn't come up with that design in the first place....but that would have taken all the fun out of owning one.

I might have to get one of these new fangled units in the near future.

· Registered
456 Posts
Yup, for some folks it can be a real chore getting that little hangy-down thing into the cup thing for sure. I stillgotta do a little wiggling and mild cursing sometimes to get it back together.

But the new MKIV is so simple it's amazing. Kind of makes you wonder why old Bill Ruger and Alex Strum didn't come up with that design in the first place....but that would have taken all the fun out of owning one.

I might have to get one of these new fangled units in the near future.
First couple of times I cleaned mine I thought I would go mad trying to put it back together.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts