close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A request for the moderators please

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by powernoodle, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireInCairo

FireInCairo

The forum has standards for the way people interact. The report icon is there to point out people refusing to abide by the standards for conduct.

To be honest, it sounds like you've already decided Christians don't have a right to use the reporting system as it was intended.

If that's the stance of the people who are in charge of this forum have taken, please make it clear what exactly the report icon is for.

I've reported a handful of obvious troll, instigating, insulting, off-topic remarks in another thread. Clearly they are outside of the standards set in other forums on Glocktalk. Is nothing going to be done here because of your stance, or is that the stance of the people who run Glocktalk?

2. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

You apparently have the mods on your side.

Oh well.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

JMag likes this.

3. jmohme

jmohme

I personally do not recognize the names you brought up. Their posts must not have peaked my interests.
    There are always going to be people with differing and sometimes outrageous beliefs. A person can dwell on those select few and choose to fuel the fires, or just overlook them and move on to more substantive discussions.

As far as the original intent of this thread, I have to agree.
    I originally came to this Glock forum because I had a Glock and wanted to learn from others that have Glocks and that is precisely what I found here.

When I first saw the Religious issues forum, I checked it out thinking that I would be among like minded people discussing religious issues, instead, the first thing I came across was an atheist posting insulting remarks at Christians. AS time progressed, it seemed that that was the primary focus of this section so I went back to other sections.

Now I only end up in this section when something catches my eye while looking at the listing of new posts. More often than not, I come in on a thread after it has degraded into a valueless free for all, and sometimes I let myself get sucked into it even when I know better.

I agree the moderators should either reign this section in or eliminate it. I would hope for the first option. I would love to see this as a place to have civil discussions with like minded people.

To be fair, I suspect that if there were an Atheist Issues forum, it would be likely end up the same as this one with busy body keyboard Christians arguing whatever the subjects that non believers posted.

Childish behavior seems to be the one true constant in the digital universe.

oldandtreacherous and happyguy like this.
  4. TeaDub

TeaDub

I very seldom post in RI. I read it...sometimes, although I generally don't last too long in that venture either.

I don't own an AK so I can't remember posting in that sub-forum. I can see it if it is to wish someone well for a new purchase. So I don't really understand the strong majority posting here that have no religion, stepping in to derail those that do "own" a religious belief. Let the various sects hash out their differences if they must. Or better yet, involve yourself when you have a vested interest in a thread.

Yes. We have probably moved beyond that wish. The lack of Mod involvement has contributed, IMO. GTRI has devolved into a cesspool of attacks. On both sides to be honest. The Cop Talk reference has some meaning here IMO.

The interesting thing for me is that outside of RI, I agree with and think that I would enjoy the company of some of the worst offenders.

oldandtreacherous likes this.
  5. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

There are a couple new threads where input would be appreciated.

6. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

We apparently see things differently

7. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Witless Protection Program

Trump Tower, overlooking the wall Mexico bought.
    Just because God knows who will win the Superbowl doesn't mean He can't enjoy watching the game.

And this is the Religious Issues forum, not the Religious Interests forum.

It doesn't welcome those who are actually interested in religion, it's a playground for those who have issues with religion. Serious issues which torment them deeply.

72Cheyenne and happyguy like this.
  8. Jonesee

Jonesee

Just an observation after reading this thread.

Why does "Religious Issues" equate to Christianity to some here?

There are a myriad of world religions other than Christianity. (Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism to name but a few)

From reading this forum I've learned that some "Christians" in here don't believe Catholicism, Anglican and Orthodox Christian religions count as Christians.

Not to mention atheism, agnosticism and major philosophical works all deal with "religious issues" too.

It seems the OP and others in here are using a very narrow self-defined definition of "Religious Issues". What they really want is their own private chat room. There are those places on the net, but GlockTalk does appear to be one of them.

9. FireInCairo

FireInCairo

The focus of 99% of the trolling around here is towards Christians. If you can show me anywhere these trolls dedicate any time bashing Jews, Muslims, Sikhs, or any other religious group, I'd love to see it.

And as far as Catholicism, or angliganism, or whatever sect you perceive to be Christian, everyone is entitled to believe what standards of doctrine are definitive of the faith. The point of this thread is respect and what should be done about the handful of rabidly antichristian trolls.

72Cheyenne and JMag like this.
  10. Sam Spade

I suppose I should be happy when I take shots from all sides. :confused:

11. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

I'm not meaning to take shots. I very seldom (I can count the times on one hand with fingers left over) report a post. So unless you follow every single post in every single thread you probably won't notice what I do.

As I said, I've got a pretty thick skin. I have no wish to cause others to be sanctioned because, IMHO that would stifle honest debate.

When we all become too scared to post our opinions here because we're afraid someone will run off to tattle and get us in trouble then there really will be no useful conversation in this forum. It may as well be the Okie Corral where everything is superficial and trivial.

F14A likes this.
  12. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

There was a Muslim guy here at one point, quite well behaved. the Christians ran him out, not the atheists.

Randy

SevenSixtyTwo and Dave514 like this.
  13. Sam Spade

Screen name? I'd like to review some of that.

arkdweller22 and F14A like this.
  14. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

If everyone is mad at you and thinking you're coddling the other side you're probably doing a pretty fair job.

But you are coddling the other side... . Just sayin... :whistling:

Randy

15. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

It was quite a while ago now, I'll try to remember the name. Before the last upgrade.

Randy

16. Sam Spade

Probably lost in the shuffle then. But if it pops into mind, or a thread topic he was in, please let me know.

17. Iamaarmed

Iamaarmed

18. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

I'll give it a try...

19. Random

Random AtticRat

Wow. Only read the first post (OP), but I did read the thread he's referring to. I clearly remember the phrase LoneWolf is being accused of using as being a (verbatim) cut and paste of what the thread creator said. He didn't bring harsh words to the discussion. They were the OPs words. The christian OP.
    I don't know LoneWolf and I definitely wouldn't call him a friend, but that's pretty foul.

20. FireInCairo

FireInCairo

You just proved my point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.