close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A request for the moderators please

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by powernoodle, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iamaarmed

Iamaarmed

I can not resist. All I can say is that there are a lot of "vitriolic atheists" here. :animlol:

I so enjoy "Glock Talk". Thank you guys.

2. BengalBacker

BengalBacker

I'm not religious. I don't post in here. I used to enjoy debating it, but I came to the conclusion long ago that it's pointless. No one is ever going to change someone else's mind. Religious beliefs are more about feeling than thinking. That's not intended as a slam.

A lot of people get comfort and purpose from their beliefs, whether I think their beliefs are valid or not. As long as your beliefs don't infringe on my beliefs, or lack thereof, then they're your business. The only time I really care is when it is insinuated that my lack of religion makes me somehow immoral, but even that doesn't really bother me anymore. Think what you will, believe what you will, just don't tread on me.

OldDad likes this.

3. Dave514

Dave514

False. All of it. It's the area where religious discussions are relegated. Of all types. Some discussions are just among Christians about doctrinal issues. Some are direct challenges, like Empirical Evidence of God, where the Christian OP is looking for a debate.
    This is most certainly NOT an Atheist forum. They are just well represented for the Issues reason I mentioned.

If, in some other area of the forum, I told you that owning guns was against my god's directive...a debate would ensue. This is where those discussions go.

As for the insults...you should really take a look at name calling and insults that fly. And who they fly from. If you think they violate the TOS, you are encouraged to report them.

Simply being offended because someone thinks your religion is mythology, and says so, is as useless as me being offended that someone thinks I'm going to burn in hell for all of eternity. Some amount of understanding has to exist that one is going to be offended. Otherwise any disagreement with what one person says is going to be called "flaming" and that's the end. That applies to ALL areas of GT.

nmk likes this.
  4. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

I don't know any personally.

But they post here, and those are the topics that create conflict between Christians and Atheists here.

Randy

5. Dave514

Dave514

SDGLOCK23 believes the earth is flat.
    Brasso believes satellites don't exist. And we've never been to space, let alone the moon.
    Vic and a few others believe the earth is "young" and of an age in just thousands of year, not millions. He has also proposed the possibility that dinosaurs were engineered for food and war. That man certainly lived at the same time as dinosaurs.
    Neon believes, as do many others, that the earth is 6-10k years old and that evolution is a hoax.

Those are a large part of the debates that go on here and most, not all, of their reasons are biblical.

nmk likes this.
  6. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

No, this is not the answer.

7. FireInCairo

FireInCairo

Your view is very simplistic and lacks any real understanding of those terms. Also, this is not a debate thread about predestination and freewill. You should make a dedicated thread to discuss it if you like, but I will give you a Biblical response in case you're actually interested in understanding these things better.

Predestination is not what people keep insisting it means in most of these discussion. All it means is God foreknew who would follow Him and who would never follow Him.

The key in understanding how predestination works is in the Book of Acts where it shows that God decides the boundaries of a person's life and their length of days on earth.

Understanding that God knows what everyone is going to do according to their freewill, God placed a remnant of Jews in the first century knowing they would follow Him unto death and be faithful to their calling to assure the growth of the church from its outset.

Additionally, He has another remnant of Jews which will come to saving faith during the tribulation to witness to their fellow Jews that they may have the opportunity to hear the gospel and turn from their sin and receive Jesus as Savior.

So predestination does not preclude the freewill of man, it's merely God's sovereign right to place people where and when within time and space in this world according to how they would choose to use the freewill God has granted all men.

8. Grovenator

Grovenator

Wait..............I thought this was GLOCK talk!! Why is THIS even an issue? Close down this religious issues sub-forum already!

9. FireInCairo

FireInCairo

I guess we'll find out.

10. FireInCairo

FireInCairo

I'd like to see you try this in the Cop Talk forum.

11. Sarge1400

Sarge1400

Please point out the part where I attributed to you something you didn't say.

12. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

You realize Sam is a mod and that was his official answer, right?

Randy

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

13. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

See the blue writing? That's my mod voice. I say again, spamming the inbox with reports calling everyone you disagree with a "troll" is not the answer.

14. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Well, I'm sure the Catholics on the forum are quite pleased you left seeing as how you had a habit of insulting Catholicism every chance you got, calling them "Mackeral Snappers" among other things, denigrating every other bible version save the KJV as the only true Bible version.

Is that the polite conversation the Christians are shooting for? Cause if that's the case from here it sounds like the Atheists already fit right in.

Randy

15. Iamaarmed

Iamaarmed

I love it ... lol. I think you broke out in a cold sweat. Don't worry it won't happen.

16. powernoodle

powernoodle

Yeah, that's an excellent point. They could put a stop to it if they wanted. They don't allow it in the other forums. I guess that's a good reason for me to no longer invest any time and effort here, and to move on. And so that's what I'll do.

"If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town." -
    Jesus to the disciples, in Matthew 10:14.

oldandtreacherous likes this.
  17. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Just an observation.

In the Political Issues forum the mods are having a freakout if someone calls Hillary, Hillarity.

Yet here in Religious Issues pure unadulterated nastiness is the soup of the day.

I'm not sure what to make of it all to be honest.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

NDCent and powernoodle like this.
  18. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

Some theists have a problem discerning nastiness from a differing opinion.

To you, me saying that your religion is false, evil and completely unnecessary is nastiness. To me it's just airing my opinion.

As has been pointed out already, if you cannot deal with the debates here then perhaps a different forum would be more to your taste. But just trying to stifle opinions that you disagree with and offend your delicate sensibilities is not the answer.

TimC likes this.
  19. JMag

JMag

Decorum, and respect, go a long way in any forum. RI needs a heaping portion of both, and has for a long time.

Sent from my virtual ball & chain.

20. Dave514

Dave514

This is exactly the kind of scripture someone would take Issue with. Because 'people do not listen'....condemned to hell. And you find satisfaction in that.

I understand that this is your feeling. But when people want to talk about peace and love and Jesus forgives...then whamo, it leads to discussions. That's what GTRI is about. You get to say that stuff. People get to respond.

SevenSixtyTwo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.