close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A request for the moderators please

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by powernoodle, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powernoodle

powernoodle

The Religious Issues forum has become so overrun with trolls that it has largely become unusable. In virtually every thread, the same GT members make multiple posts designed solely to disrupt the discussion and insult other members. It has gotten out of hand, and something needs to be done please.

Consider the recent post of Lonewolf8634 in this forum, who characterized Christians as "bigoted, racist, sexist and close minded". Anyone is certainly entitled to their view, but consider if someone repeatedly posted in every thread in the General forum that all guns are stupid and all gun owners sucked, while making zero contribution to the thread topic. They would be banned and rightfully so. The same should hold true with trolls who repeatedly post here for the sole purpose of insulting others and creating chaos.

I suggest the creation of a forum for GT members who hate Christians, so they can post there as much as they want and stay out of this forum. The only alternative is to ban people from this forum who repeatedly cause strife and cast insults without contributing anything substantive.

Thanks.

Czubek, smokey1945, quietjake and 9 others like this.
  2. JBnTX

JBnTX

I quit posting in this forum for that very reason.

This is NOT a religious issues forum, it is a Christian bashing forum that's overrun with atheist trolls.

Religious "issues" shouldn't even interest atheists.
    You'd think they'd just ignore such a forum?

n2g, Ramjet38, hurley842002 and 9 others like this.

3. neon

neon

AMEN

Molly:)

+++
    Romans 16:20
    And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. A'men.

4. Dave514

Dave514

You've quit posting and started up again about a dozen times.

You're part of the reason we have "issues".

http://www.glocktalk.com/threads/atheists-from-one-of-your-own.1599773/#post-22645267

PVolk and SevenSixtyTwo like this.
  5. yz9890

yz9890

And then create another forum for religious people that hate people for doing religion wrong? Slippery slope. I think ditching the religious forum all together is the only way to address that. Otherwise, understand that religion is an extremely polarizing subject that will never be left alone. Even if you were able to magically shut down all atheist/agnostic input, you'd be left with the religious trolls slamming other people of faith for belonging to the wrong religion.

6. Dave514

Dave514

Are non believers posting in the Reading Through The Bible thread?

Nope.

Do you know why?

The answer will explain to you why they post in the others.

I'd we had a Forum called Race Issues, dO you think the demographics in there would lean more toward minorities than the majority? Considering the fact that non religious people face more issues with religion. ..you shouldn't be shocked to find them here.

It's really a better question as to why Christians would want to post in here. What are your "Religious Issues" exactly?

PVolk likes this.
  7. Guss

Guss

Segregation may well be the option for those who need a sheltered protected place. Interesting that they need to pray to the moderators since their God doesn't seem to help them much.

But seriously, when someone comes here looking for support for a heartfelt belief - as with a prayer request - they are not molested. But if a person comes in looking for something like a "we're so persecuted" pity party, they need to get factual about it.

SevenSixtyTwo likes this.
  8. Sarge1400

Sarge1400

You are free not to participate in this sub-forum. There are places on the Internet where you can join like-minded individuals and very likely not meet with any opposition. This is not one of those places.
    Please read the description for this sub-forum, it's quite clear what its intended purpose is.

SevenSixtyTwo and steveksux like this.
  9. Vic Hays

Vic Hays

You are correct that religion is polarizing and things can get heated and intense, however, the OP was about those who post on this forum and keep posting off topic that religion is only superstition, religion is only for the ignorant etc. The forum rules prohibit trolling name calling and flaming. They have not been well enforced.

They don't need to go to another forum just let them post their own threads with their own point of view to discuss instead of a lot of off topic chaos intended to derail the other threads.

10. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Perhaps a Reading Issues forum would be what is needed.

Randy

PVolk and Handwrecker like this.
  11. F14A

F14A

Can I be a member, I have proof I was baptized, lol.

Seriously, isn't the ignore feature helping?

Another thing, you must be strong enough in your faith to defend it, for better or worse..

12. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Incirlik AB 73 - 75

The OP is correct. This forum is nothing more than a place to bash Christians and they get away with it much of the time. Hopefully the ownership will take this request seriously.

n2g, dudel, 72Cheyenne and 1 other person like this.
  13. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

Actually, as I pointed out, my post and opinion was spot on topic and completely valid. Add to that the fact that the statement "If a lot of Christians weren't bigoted, sexist and close minded" came directly from the op's quoted article.

If all you want is a place where you would go unchallenged then there are lots of place for you to post.

This forum is not just about you and your delicate little feelers.

SevenSixtyTwo and Sarge1400 like this.
  14. Sarge1400

Sarge1400

You are free not to participate in this sub-forum. There are places on the Internet where you can join like-minded individuals and very likely not meet with any opposition. This is not one of those places.
    Please read the description for this sub-forum, it's quite clear what its intended purpose is.

15. F14A

F14A

Seems to me like "Church" is a good place to talk about "religion"

Lets not forget, Jesus went to the sinners and spoke among them..

16. jmohme

jmohme

You are 100% correct, but that is the nature of internet forums.
    I would probably participate more there if it were not for the constant negativity from both sides.
    As it is, I browse from time to time and may respond, but other times just move on.

Taco Junkie likes this.
  17. FireInCairo

FireInCairo

Those trolls should have been banned long ago. Their sole goal is to destroy any real discourse and bring it to the most base argumentation that relies upon insult fueled by hatred.

Maybe people need to just start flooding the mods inbox with reports of their posts? They may not even be aware how these people have destroyed the religious forums.

oldandtreacherous likes this.
  18. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

So you only want to argue with other Christians about which version or interpretation of the Bible is right, because you're all arguing on equal footing, all beliefs without facts to back it up and competing Bible verses.

But you don't want to compete on a level playing field with people with factual content at their disposal.

This is not that safe space you're looking for if you're going to claim the earth is flat, satellites don't exist, the earth is 6000 years old, evolution is a conspiracy, dinosaurs were genetically engineered by ancient man for food and war.

Randy

Ed1110 and SevenSixtyTwo like this.
  19. FireInCairo

FireInCairo

Jesus spoke to people who had an ear to hear. He didn't waste His time arguing continually with spiritual trolls. He rebuked them and moved on.

dudel, Lt. Donn, GlockPride and 2 others like this.
  20. F14A

F14A

OIL, my Man, Oil..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.