Well, I picked up a nice older Mil-spec a few months ago and it's done (at least until I want to change something). It was bone stock and I wanted to do a bit to upgrade it and make it my own. Here's what I did and my opinions on whether I liked it or not. -Harrison ignition kit. Beautiful workmanship on these parts. Added an EGW strut with a Nighthawk pin set. Being dumb, I didn't realize a commander hammer would require me to install a BTGS. I didn't want to tackle that job right now, so i just plunged it with a 1/2" end mill where I needed clearance on the stock GS. After looking at some older customs online, I realized that's how they used to do some of the old builds. Hey, I built a retro and I didn't even know it! -Wilson thumb safety. It's fine. Not sure I would do one again. When I ordered my sights for my Hi-power from Novak, I also picked up one of their barstock 1911 safetys. After seeing that, the Wilson didn't do much for me but I'm sure it will work fine and outlast me regardless. -EGW Slide stop. Excellent quality as always. -Harrison retro rear sight. Excellent and exactly what I was looking for. -I cut the front dovetail and installed a Heinie all black front sight. Once I figure out the height I need, I'll install a gold bead or Tritium front. Everything I've ever gotten from Heinie has been great. -Installed and blended (somewhat) a 30lpi MSH I had laying around. Works fine. -Deburred everything but I didn't go crazy. I did a slight chamfer on the front, back, and bottom of slide. I just didn't want anything sharp. -Blasted everything exposed. Knocked down the high sides of the finish with 0000 steel wool. Brought it to my local guys who blue for a matte blue finish. Someday, I think I will add a BTGS. For now, I'm just going to shoot the crap out of this thing. Fit between barrel/bushing/slide was okay but i'll probably have EGW make me a closer fit bushing. As far as the Hi-power goes, it's a current generation that had some terrible adjustable sights. I deburred everything, trued up the dovetails as they are broached and not cut, installed some Novak sights (modified rear by me), cut off the ambi side of the safety, cut a small bevel on the mag well, and did the same matte blue finish. I think it turned out okay. I messed up the finish on the rear sight while installing it. No biggie as it's just going to get scratched up anyways. Feel free to comment or bash. I do have a lot to learn. But, the more I do, the more I learn anyways. So, off to find more base guns.