A really scary column

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Vito, Aug 13, 2020.

1. M&P15T

M&P15T All Hail King Kona

The Boog approaches!!!!

2. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

The data was gathered by people within our government but the gathering of that data was absolutely not sanctioned. I only know of it because someone asked my opinion in an area I have a little experience with about one small facet of the info they gathered. But basically in the post Clinton military it is just a job to most officers and enlisted.

Basically if given illegal orders to enact martial law and confiscate guns, the military and cops will generally comply.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020

3. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

Find a safe place and be a light in your community. Don’t get sucked up into this whirlwind of Godless rebellion on the part of reprobate Judges, Bureaucrats and Politicians. Some of these people in the streets are good kids who have done terrible things due to not being grounded in The Truth and listening to false prophets and strange spirits.

Understand where we are. This is not a war against flesh and blood but against the spirits and principalities of the air.

Ephesians 6:12 KJV

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

ss30378, n2g, Westexas and 6 others like this.
  4. mj9mm

mj9mm

K Harris is already telling us she will take our guns, she has not kept this a secret... this needs to be front and center in our fight to re-elect Trump

mike from st pe, n2g, Rotn1 and 2 others like this.
  5. Vito

Vito

This started long before even Clinton was in office. I retired in 1990 from the U.S. Army. During my last couple of years I had several young officers working under me that expressed much of the same sentiment, that in effect, this was just a job. Of course they were smart enough not to make this a confrontation with a superior officer. One young female captain was very unhappy that her phone number be on an emergency roster, claiming it violated her privacy. When I made it clear that we needed to be able to reach her at any time, and we were, after all, the military and could be asked to respond 24/7, she said that in her prior job she didn't have to give out her home phone number. I had another young captain, a young man, who seemed stunned when I told him that we were going to be working all weekend. He said "I thought our jobs were just Monday to Friday". In the late 1980's this was not at all unusual, and this was during the first Bush administration.

Hef, Westexas, Inyo Tim and 2 others like this.
  6. Aurora

Aurora

I spent 10 years in the infantry. From that perspective, I really don't find the attitudes of the mentioned troops all that disturbing. A lot of non combat jobs are just like the civilian world. I can see how a lot of people view it simply as a job.

Now, for the people who actually have to fight, it's a totally different world.

V.

cheygriz, rj1939, Westexas and 2 others like this.
  7. Vito

Vito

Everyone can be called upon to fight. I'm a Medical Service Corps officer. I was with a Medical Battalion of the 101st Airborne Division in Vietnam. During an attempted breach of our wire I was right there with the rest of the troops defending against the NVA.

Hef, Rotn1, Westexas and 2 others like this.
  8. elkhart

elkhart

Sounds like a good idea, but it would end up being the US version of the French Revolution, which is not a good idea.

tlnargi and Caver 60 like this.
  9. Aurora

Aurora

I don't doubt that what you've said is true. However, I really doubt that it registers with your average REMF soldier, let alone his commanders.

Jessica Lynch and her entire command structure never dreamed that they would be fighting for their lives. If they did, those weapons would have been well lubed and everyone would have had some idea what they were supposed to do in that kind of situation.

I don't know what the current figures are, but in WWII there were 5 non combat soldiers for every guy in a fighting unit. After all, war is little more than the art of logistics.

V.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  10. Vito

Vito

I doubt that the particular skill or duty of a soldier, sailor, airman or marine is what determines their commitment to the Constitution. A cook, medic or truck driver in the military can be as much or more of a patriot than his fellow soldier that carries a rifle. One has nothing to do with the other.

Hef, ked, Inyo Tim and 1 other person like this.
  11. Rotn1

Rotn1

I believe LEO and Law Enforcement will be a cross section of the communities from which they originated.
    They will have different ideals, politics and lines in the sand.

Perhaps highly specialized sub groups may culturally lean in a consistent direction but I expect our LEO’s and military members to be just like us.

Why wouldn't we think the 3% statistic doesn’t still apply.

Most will only engage as a last resort, when it severely and negatively affects them.

Inyo Tim likes this.
  12. clancy

clancy Oh, for a muse of fire

The US military has had no problem taking up arms against American civilians, from The Whiskey Rebellion to Hurricane Katrina, from strike breaking to forcing school segregation. I don't see that changing.

13. Vito

Vito

I fear that you are right.

railfancwb likes this.
  14. WT

WT Millennium Member

I believe you are referring to a survey that Lt. Cmd. Ernest Guy Cunningham USN gave on May 10, 1994 at 29 Palms Marine Corps Base in California.
    https://29palmssurvey.com/survey.html

I don't know the final results of the survey.

As an aside, the field and general grade officers I know are Democrats.

15. railfancwb

railfancwb

Nor against people in the South.

16. Ranger357

Ranger357 Just pixels

My favorite from history was the Bonus March protest because the combat veterans and their families cheered then Major Patton right up the point he ordered his Troops to fix bayonets and charge at them. :flag:

Hef and mike from st pe like this.
  17. clancy

Hardly an admirable moment in Patton's career. A soldier that saved Patton's life in the Argonne Forest and won the DSC for doing so, Joseph T. Angelino, was beaten by Patton's troops right in front of Patton, who watched and did nothing to stop it. MacArthur should have been kicked out of the army for going against Hoover's orders and ordering the attack.

mike from st pe likes this.
  18. clancy

While I see your point, would they have been considered American citizens when they didn't consider themselves so?

19. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

The SHTF is only happening in few, very left leaning places. Those are the same places where they don’t like to hire LEO’s who think differently than them.

In my part of the US, and a lot of others (with similar values), LE is given orders to disregard ridiculous rules that go against the Constitution. When the shut-downs first started, the Sheriff and Police Chief both wrote an article, in the paper that those under them would not enforce the Governor’s ideals.

Don’t get caught up in lumping LE into a group, there is overlap, but how LE is done, from department to department to State to State is very different.

cheygriz likes this.
  20. Vito

Vito

Thanks for the positive comments. I have to try to not be too pessimistic at this point.