A rant, and it may be a long one.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by clancy, Oct 19, 2018.

1. clancy

clancy Oh, for a muse of fire

First the back story. About a half mile down the road from my house was a horse breeding farm, a classic, picture postcard farm. I knew the owner well enough to say hi, but couldn't call him anything more than an acquaintance. The man took a great deal of pride in his place, to the point of waxing the horse's stall doors. He died about 6 years ago, and his widow put the place up for sale. It sat on the market for several years before it was bought by an Hasidic Rabbi. That he is Hasidic will, later in the story, be of some importance.

The new owner immediately tried to get the farm, about 90 acres, off the tax rolls. Unsuccessfully. He then tried claimed it was a school, and again tried to get it off the tax rolls. Unsuccessfully. He had maybe 10 or so teenage boys living there, as "students". 2 summers ago, as I drove past the farm I saw 4 goats and a sheep walking down the road so I stopped and went into the barn to let someone know they have livestock running loose. Nothing out of the ordinary, as I have done this a few times with the local farms over the years. Sometimes livestock gets loose. I went into the barn and what I saw could only be best described as from hell. Manure up to my ankles, trash strewn about the barn, and several dead animals in the stalls. No one was to be seen.

I contacted animal control, and she came down immediately. She took control, started an investigation, and I was asked to meet with a Sheriff's Lieutenant to be interviewed for a statement. During the interview the Lieutenant told me that they were getting calls "all the way from the top in Albany". It turns out the owner of the farm has a brother that is an advisor to Governor Cuomo. So our Sheriff, for whom I have a great deal of respect, held firm and had the Rabbi arrested. It goes to court, and the judge(you will hear more about him in a bit) adjourned the case, pending dismissal, and after the owner got rid of all his animals the case was dismissed. I know someone who works in the court, she told me that the judge was getting phone calls from Albany demanding the case be dropped. 3 days after the case was dismissed he got another delivery of animals, sheep, goats, geese and a donkey.

The I get a visit. 2 NYS Troopers, in plainclothes come knocking on my door, unannounced. As they were wearing suits I at first thought they were Jehovah's Witnesses. After they showed me their ID's they started asking me questions as to what my issue was with the farm owner, why I am harassing him, and they will have me arrested if I ever so much as step foot on the guy's farm again. As they left one turned around and told me that the last thing I want to do is make them come down to see me again. That night, while tending bar an off duty trooper came in and I told him what happened. He said he knew nothing about it, but would see what he could find out. The next night he came in and told me the 2 troopers came down from Albany, at the governor's orders.

This all took place 2 summers ago. Since then there have been rumors of animals being tortured to death, being beaten, burned, and in one instance the donkey supposedly had a board shoved up it's rectum and broken off and left to die, all done by the boys at the "school". So, last month I go to walk to the post office, and have to walk past the farm. There are dozens of dead geese in the field, and the goats look like they are starving. I took some pictures with my cell phone and forwarded it to the animal control officer. To say the **** has hit the proverbial fan would be an understatement.

The Sheriff's Department has arrested the guy and the farm animals have all been seized(some of them have since died, it was too late to save them). There were several feed bags full of dead animals in the barn, but not a single grain of feed to be found. I went to a Town Board meeting and was shocked to hear the town supervisor tell the animal control officer that she was to stop her investigation and to have nothing more to do with the farm. And who, might you ask, was the judge the summer before that adjourned the case? Our present town supervisor.

I am still waiting for another visit, but every day for over a week now I have looked out my window to see a car sitting in front of my house when I wake up in the morning. When I walk outside the car drives away. I am waiting to see what happens next.

2. clancy

Some pictures I took.

IMG_1730.JPG IMG_1732.JPG IMG_1725.JPG

3. newglocker10mm

newglocker10mm Texas Born & Bred

Stick with it Clancy! Might contact the SPCA National Hq while you're at it. But watch your back.

cyberghostx13, n2g, R13 and 7 others like this.
  4. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

Dude, you have to contact Fox news and get the word out. It is your only defense. Sunshine is a very effective disinfectant. A Glock 10mm is better, but sunshine will work. :)

5. clancy

cyberghostx13 and michael_b like this.
  6. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 7th Street South, Minneapolis, MN 55454
  7. R*E

R*E

Most definitely call the local news stations. Investigative reporters will be all over it.

8. Glock1963

Glock1963

And people wonder why I stay angry when it comes to politicians and their connected buddies.

cyberghostx13, n2g, R13 and 14 others like this.
  9. Dave514

Dave514

I think you have 3 options.
    -Go to the national media. ANONYMOUSLY.
    -Take care of the owner before you end up in jail. (not really an option)
    -Cut your losses and mind your own business because the sheriff et.al. already know and are powerless.

10. Gixxerjoe04

Gixxerjoe04

Like others have said, I'd be calling the local news and blowing the **** up

cyberghostx13, n2g, R13 and 6 others like this.
  11. K. Foster

K. Foster

Sorry you’re going through that. If those Albany troopers show up again, meet them at the door with a video camera.

cyberghostx13, n2g, 6Actual and 7 others like this.
  12. NAZG26

NAZG26 Lost in transit

Contact the fbi about the Leo threats and next time get ids and record names.

New York is a corrupt liberal political toilet only one upped by Chicago

lawandorder, Johnix, Filhar and 21 others like this.
  13. clancy

The local papers, radio stations and television news outlets have all been contacted, and no one wants to touch it.

treg, cyberghostx13, happyguy and 2 others like this.
  14. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

Anyone who wonders, quit spending time with them because you can't learn a thing from them. ;)

15. JArthurD

JArthurD Silver Member

Wow! I knew N.Y. was corrupt but Damn!

Fight the good fight my friend. That is all any of us can do.

You answer for yourself and your actions in the end, like all of us. Prayer sent for you and your family as you move forward with this.

A lot of good advice above!

16. IAhunter

IAhunter Venor ergo sum

Just north of the wall, Cochise County, Arizona
    Get ahold of Mark Levin. He loves animals, and is not real fond of leftists and has a large forum to blow this up.

DrVlad, czsmithGT, treg and 20 others like this.
  17. MrMr1961

MrMr1961

I'd have that **** all over the internet within one single night, contacted hundreds of news stations as well as officials. Then I'd sit down with my lawyer and get a couple complaints and a hefty lawsuits for civil rights violations rolling.

Resqu2, cyberghostx13, R13 and 4 others like this.
  18. astepup

astepup

I agree with the posters about getting this story out in the public eye. Also photograph/video the car parked by your place with the plates. I don't know if it'd be worth contacting your states DCI to see if they can do anything.

19. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

I think I've found your problem- Democrats.
    Have you ever voted for the people harassing you?

cyberghostx13, R13, Rinspeed and 6 others like this.
  20. ScarFace88

ScarFace88 NOT MOD APPROVED

I wonder if one of the radical animal rights groups might be interested in a tip about this ****bird....

cyberghostx13, n2g, badge315 and 5 others like this.