close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A question has come to mind....

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by ELPALMER27, Apr 6, 2010.

1. ELPALMER27

ELPALMER27

I was reading a thread on here about how most of you carry during the summer time, and alot of you like the mtac or super tuck... but a question comes to mind do any of yall have to do alot of bending or stooping while carring? For instance at work, if your allowed to carry at work like i am (i work in a warehouse) the only way i can think of to not print while bending over to pick stuff up is to carry in the appendix position, but its so hard to find a holster that works for that sort of carry.:dunno: how do yall work around this please enlighten me. thanks in advance...

2. B.Reid

B.Reid

front pocket carry, you will have to get a smaller gun.

3. BigKid

BigKid

Since Passive doesn't come around these days....I'll say it. Smart Carry.

4. Davidkxx

Davidkxx Armed Response

Pocket is a great option and has MANY benefits. When my primary carry is in the pocket, I carry two SP101s.

Check my website under articles and the free video page for an article and video on pocket carry.

5. Soothsayr

Soothsayr

Buy longer shirts. Duluthtrading.com. T-shirts that are 3" longer don't ride up

6. Oramac

Oramac

you've seen the training videos on safe lifting techniques right? USE THEM!

for reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0t06j1kOfE

you'll print using the first technique (the bad one), but you wont print using the second, good, technique.

EDIT: this is from an MTAC user who carries at about 4:00 to 4:30 every day.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  7. ELPALMER27

ELPALMER27

lol i feel dumb i should have thought of that...

do you print much while sitting? or does tucking in your shirt help with that?

8. Spen84107

Spen84107

Don't feel dumb. That's why we talk about this stuff. Now you can carry AND keep your back healthy. :)

I've found that nearly everyone has a place on their 360 that hides a gun well. Have a trusted friend tell you if you are printing while you demonstrate the movements you do on a daily basis.. figure out what works, and what doesn't for you. Personally? I have to appendix carry. It's the ONLY way that works for me. My brother? At 4:00 it's hidden, but appendix sticks out like a sore thumb.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  9. badr1

badr1

in a warehouse I have to assume you wear long pants. consider a good ankle holster. I carry an LCR in a galco ankle glove and LOVE it

10. ELPALMER27

ELPALMER27

what kind of holster do you use and what do you carry it seems like either soft leather or a kydex holsters would work best for appendix... i actually think that appendix would be best for me but im having trouble finding a holster that will do what i want for this style of carry...

11. ELPALMER27

ELPALMER27

i have a g27 and really dont want anything else just yet... i love this gun.

12. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

http://www.kramerleather.com/products.cfm?categoryID=21
    The Confidant Shirt Holster Full length
    This shirt holster is a unique deep concealment system developed after years of listening to those who carry concealed weapons under difficult circumstances.

You have to have a pistol that is severely rust resistant if you wear this in warm, humid, weather.

13. viniglock

viniglock

Plus one on the smart carry and or pocket gun!

14. SagKC

SagKC

Another vote for SmartCarry...

Appendix conceals best for me, and also carry at ~3:30 if clothing allows, both with Bianchi 100 Professional or a Don Hume leather clip-on. Both styles work well depending on style of pants and pistola carried that day..YMMV.

15. vafish

vafish

I carry just in front of 3:00 with a G17, I try not to bend over picking things up, instead I bend the knees and I don't have a problem printing.

Printing when bending over becomes more of a problem the further past 3:00 you place your holster.

16. Glock Gator

Glock Gator

I carry a G 17 every day in Florida with a holster shirt. I love it. Not hot or sweaty. Made out of a wicking material like Under Armor
    www.abetterholster.com