A question for you guys

Discussion in 'California Glockers' started by kevbo, Aug 17, 2007.

1. kevbo

kevbo Itchy Member CLM

I apologize to those who may think I should have done some research first, but I just remembered this question and wanted to get it out there before I forget.

Question is- can I get a pistol receiver shipped to either me or an FFL since it is not on any list? I want to get a Caspian 1911 receiver in the white in order for me to build out a pistol myself. I know I can get all the other parts, but not sure how to get a receiver, and just how 'unfinished' it has to be.

Any ideas?

thanks

2. JTB

JTB always learning

Bad news since the frame is the serialized part (the gun) and you cannot drop test it, you cannot order a frame.

3. kevbo

kevbo Itchy Member CLM

Thanks John. I was under the impression that you could order a receiver without a serial number and add your own once you had it etc. Granted, the receiver might require some serious work to get it to that stage, but it would be worth it to make my own.

How does someone like Jardine, or other Cali gunsmiths get the receivers in and then put theirown SN on it?

Curious and curiouser

4. JTB

JTB always learning

I suspect their have manufactoring FFL and do it thatway but maybe you can buy a unserialize one. Plus I do not think they sell in their own CA. I just PPT to can a Caspian rceiver.