close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A question for Coeur d'Alene shooters

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Fireglock, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Having never been to Coeur d'Alene I'm curious, how is the match set up? How many pits. In the debriefing thread it was reported they only had 9 ROs, I find it amazing that that a match can be "ran" with that few ROs.

2. Roland-G23

Roland-G23 STI Convert

I shot CdA last year. They had 3 "5 to Glock" target arrays setup at the north end of their range (Rifle), 2 "Glock the Plates" stages, and 2 "Glock M" stages setup in the pistol bay.

Last year I recall them not having many ROs either.

Its a beautiful place to shoot, but too far for me to make it every year.

3. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

7 setups with 9 ROs? That would be a formula for disaster. Thanks Roland.

4. Pat S

Pat S Millennium Member

What I saw this year was three 5 to Glocks set up in an array, but I don't think they ever used more then two. Two Glock Ms that were staffed most of Saturday then dropped to one on Sunday. And two Glock the Plate racks with two ROs running only one set. As was stated earlier they were short handed for ROs and the new PDAs were a factor also for some of the ROs. I spent a couple of hours with the Armorer on Saturday AM and early afternoon repairing my guns, and during that time several people came in to complain about the way it was being run. Sunday appeared to run much smoother especially about midday. The heat I'm sure was a factor also for many---ROs and shooters alike. I can't help but believe that it will go smoother next year.

Pat S.