close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A question for Cmore users

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Fireglock, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

I'm curious, how hard and time consuming is it to change a diode module in the Cmore? Does it change point of aim? I would assume it would but one never knows does one. Anybody know the weight?

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

FireGlock,

It is rather easy to change the module. I have noticed no change of point of impact when doing so. Remove the module cover by removing two allen screws, pull out the module, replace it, fasten the cover and you're done. Just changed mine from 8MOA to 6MOA this morning.

3. Fireglock

So you could use say, an 8MOA for the M and 5 to Glock and then switch to the 16MOA for the plates with reasonable expectations that you would be on your POA?

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

You can if you don't mind taking your pistol over to the safe area and getting out that tiny allen wrench to remove/replace the cover and possibly a pliers to pull out the old diode. Drop one of those little screws into the grass and the game is over for the day. I have no ideal how well a C-More will hold up to constant changing of diodes. I've only changed mine 3 times in 3 years. I've tried the 8, 4 and 6 and have settled on the 6MOA for GSSF use.

5. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Jerry,

I just changed out my 8moa ... was just like Coach said... easy enough to do but I also don't thik C-More designed the dot module to be changed as frequently as you were suggesting.. those two screws are just drilled/tapped into polymer... The Dot Modules have a robust pin-out (two rows of four pins) but I would not suggest changing dot modules as frequently as the idea you might be toying with. I too, thought of the same thing but disregarded it when I changed my module...

Boy those other scopes that have diff. dot sizes are still very appealing from this perspective aren't they?

Regards,
    Frank

6. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Jerry,

What do you mean "does anyone know the weight"... the weight of the dot module? If so, it's quite light... featherlight.

I have a follow-on question to tag along with your original question... I was at the range the other day with my new C-More and Carver mount... was shooting into the sun due to the time of day and the orientation of the bay. I encountered GROSS 'halo effect'... have you guys in SUNNY Florida (an other locales where it's more sunny than cloudy throughout the year) encountered the same problem with your C-Mores?

At first, putting a target sticker over my dot module solved the halo around the dot but then (as the sun got to a lower angle) the halo encompassed almost the entire heads-up display.. putting my hand over the heads-up made the halo go away but if this was encountered in the field with no shade... ouch.

I've seen some shade accessories for the dot module made by Arredondo that would solve problem #1... but problem #2 ???

Do you or anyone have a solution to this?

7. Fireglock

I don't use a Cmore and really have no plans to right now. I like my PDP5 and since Unlimited is a fun match I can play as I like. I have shot a Cmore, Daniel2201's and it works pretty well, it was on a model 22 with a comped Federal barrel. I didn't notice either issue you mentioned and we were shooting outdoors in bright sunlight two weeks ago, shooting east to west. I was asking about the total weight of the Cmore, no sense buying a light sight so you need to add weight to control the recoil. I checked their web site and 3 oz is a big change from the PDP5s 8 oz.

8. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Jerry,

I was facing the West and by around 4'ish PM... got the harsh 'halo effect'... probably not an issue in matches (at least not GSSF matches). I've experienced some USPSA matches lasting past 6:30 PM (i.e., AWARE 2002). I only shoot unlimited in GSSF matches so I'm wondering what other shooters do if and when they encounter this problem??