close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A question about acceptable mods

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Krag, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Krag

Krag Guest

I've been away from GSSF for some time now and have a question. I have equipped my G34 with a fiber optic front sight for USPSA shoooting. Can I use it in GSSF Competition Class? Don't see where it provides any advantage over my G17 with the front sight painted Day-Glo orange? ;4

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Sorry, Krag, you can only use it in Unlimited. GSSF does not allow fiber optics in any stock category. Rules is Rules.

3. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

It can be painted black and used as long as it's post and notch. I will agree that fiber optic sights aren't an advantage in some folks hands.

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I heard that. ;c ;c ;f ;a ;c ;c

5. Krag

Krag Guest

Oh well, I guess I'm only going to shoot in Amateur Civilian class with my G17. It's sort of a shame as I know about ten USPSA shooter would would be in Stateville except they can't shoot because they have fiber optic sights on their pistols.

P.S. - I am surrounded by Philistines! :(

6. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Krag,

Have your friends let the armorer install factory front sights, or are they looking for an excuse not to shoot.;)

Yes,you are surrounded.

7. Don At PC

Or play at the deep end of the pool: Unlimited Masters. The sharks are always hungry down on that end.;c

8. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Here Here, Always very hungry!;w

9. Fireglock

You mean they would shoot if they can compete against folks with stock sights with their fiber optics? Tell them to come on out and use some sight black, then they can shoot against the amatuers if they don't fit in the Master class. They just can't have their fiber optic glowing. Well they can, but as has been said, it's in the deep end of the pool, and against optics.

10. dport

dport

I just checked the GSSF website and I couldn't find a list of acceptable mods. Can anyone point me in the right direction? For instance is extended mag catches and slide stops allowed?

11. Fireglock

As long as they are Glock parts they're allowed. After market units aren't allowed. The rules are in the Glock Report. They require a litte looking but I don't have time to look right now, my boss is calling me! ;f

12. dport

dport

Thanks Fireglock. That answered the question. I'm good to go since they're Glock parts. I was woried that I'd have to change them out. A minor annoyance.

Agrips are acceptable, I hope?

13. Don At PC

Yep, Agrips are acceptable.;c

14. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

..if you blacken the front sight with say the smoke from a plastic burning spoon & shoot competition..and then wipe off the black to shoot UL w/the fiber working,..would that work?

The blacking of the fiber need not be permanent, so long as the SO sees that it is not functioning when your shooting the competition class it "should" be OK.

whether you shoot by stage or category, would determine how many times you would have to "re-smoke" the fiber optic.

..oh,..and the smoking trick works also on hienies front sights ..to make them blacker/duller/less reflective...an old riflemans' trick.

Jay