Glock Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Skeet Surfer
896 Posts
lawyer buddy of mine just took delivery of his, latest in a nice line of sports cars, starting with a eclipse GSX, mustang GT, Porsche 993C4S, 996, Ferarri 355, and now the Cayman. He said its the best balanced car he's ever driven. I'll report back when I get some seat time

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
I have read that the Cayman is an outstanding car (don't doubt it, it's a Porsche after all), but I am confused. Is it replacing the Boxster or is it an in-between offereing (between the 911 and Boxster)?

I heard it is just slightly slower in a straight line than a 911, but handles better due to the mid as opposed to rear engine.

If only I were rich. :frown:

·
Skeet Surfer
896 Posts
yeah, it sort of a faster hard top Boxster, or a lighter, cheaper, better balanced 911.

I personally think it will steal sales from both, and as such (especially the 911) it will become a bastard child that porsche doesnt love.

G

·
I've had a few Porsches - drove the Cayman earlier this year when my local dealer got one in. I liked the handling, it's different from my C4 but still very good and loved the styling. It's a beautiful car just sitting still. If it just had a bit more power it would be in my garage.

·
Señor Member
4,413 Posts
I’ve been waiting on the hardtop version since the Boxster was born. The Cayman will become a legend in short order. Even though Porsche is trying to ward it off, I look for the mid-engined Porsche platforms to supplant the 901s within a decade. Consider that Stuttgart has been fine-tuning the 901 chassis for nearly 45 years and in its first Market year, the Cayman already is the best-handling car in their fleet.

The only thing that’ll stop me from pouncing on one (if I ever get the hell out of Hell ...uh ...I mean Iraq) is the new Lotus Europa.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.