A pilot actually said the "F" word??? WTF

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by WINGS, Apr 8, 2007.

1. WINGS

WINGS CLM

LOL. Those choir boys in the cockpit better clean up their language.
    Yeah, right, it's like nobody ever uses that word..........

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17999127/?GT1=9246

Curse-laden cell phone conversation becomes rant at Northwest passenger

MSNBC News Services
    Updated: 4:44 p.m. ET April 7, 2007
    ROMULUS, Mich. - A Northwest Airlines flight was canceled because the pilot was yelling obscenities during a cell phone conversation while people were boarding, and cursed at one passenger, a federal official said Saturday.

The pilot of the Las Vegas-to-Detroit flight was apparently in a heated cell phone conversation in the cockpit, then went into a lavatory, locked the door and continued the conversation, Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Ian Gregor said Saturday.

“Passengers who were boarding the aircraft could hear his end of it,” Gregor said.

Las Vegas police were sent Friday to McCarran International Airport to investigate, Gregor said. Authorities were told that the pilot cursed one passenger who confronted him, Gregor said.

"He was having a fit, swearing up a storm," a passenger on the flight told CNN. "He was saying 'F this' and 'F that.'"

When confronted about it by passengers, the pilot became "obscene" and began cursing at the customers, she said. "He made a big disturbance."

There were 180 passengers and five crew on the flight to Detroit Metropolitan Airport in Romulus, Northwest Airlines Corp. said in a statement.

The name of the captain, who Gregor described as a veteran pilot, wasn’t released.

Gregor said Northwest removed the pilot from the aircraft and returned him to his home base in Detroit for an investigation. He said it was up to Northwest to determine what would happen to the pilot.

Eagan, Minn.-based Northwest issued an apology to passengers and said the incident was under review.

Passengers were accommodated on other flights to their destinations, the airline said. They also were given meals and hotels during any additional time in Las Vegas.

The FAA plans to follow up with Northwest about the outburst, Gregor said.

2. SlimlineGlock

SlimlineGlock

He had a call from crew scheduling.......:shocked:

3. WINGS

WINGS CLM

You're right on the money. He probably got a call saying that he had time to get home and repack for another 4 day trip...of course, legally by FAA rules.

4. SlimlineGlock

SlimlineGlock

On another forum, I read the NWA rumor is that he got a call from his wife who said she was leaving him for another man. He is normally an easy-going type.:upeyes:

5. JMag

JMag

Regardless of the circumstances, it was unprofessional and mindless, IMO...not to mention crude.

6. C150J

C150J Crackberry

Originally Posted by someone on another forum:

I'm betting he was on the phone with SOMEONE from the company.

"Crew scheduling....can you hold please."
    "No...I can't ho...<Barry Manilow plays>. Dammit."
    "Scheduling, this is Bob."
    "Hey, this is Captain Miller on...."
    "Employee number."
    "What? Oh...Uh, N4617. Anyways..."
    "Oh, we've got some notifications for you. You're extended tomorrow."
    "Extended? WTF? I'm calling because I'm not even going to get enough rest TONIGHT!"
    "I show you as getting 8 hours. You flew 6 and a half today, so it's reducable to 8."
    "Actually, with the re-routes, ATC delays and storms we flew over 8 1/2, not counting this LAS-DTW I'm about to do."
    "Well, you were SCHEDULED 6 1/2, so you're legal."
    "I'm gonna call in fatigued tomorrow."
    "OOOOH. Well, we'll have to give you a missed trip for that."
    "WTH? Who the $&^@ do you think you are. Why don't YOU get up here and fly this (#@&# plane for 8 or 10 $*&^@ hours with a bunch of @#*&s that don't care if you've got 200 hours or 5000 as long as they get to [email protected]^@ Detroit for less than a hundred #*^# dollars!"
    "Sir, it's not necessary to...."
    "You're (#&$#& right it's not necessary, but I'm $*&# gonna do it!"
    FA: "Uh, Captain, you're scaring the passengers."
    "Let THEM talk to scheduling. I QUIT!"

7. GlocknAK

GlocknAK

Where did you get a transript of my conversation with scheduling? ;)

8. C150J

C150J Crackberry

Haha -

Our schedulers are actually fairly decent, but I've heard horror stories at other regionals... like blocking a 2-hour stage length at 45 minutes to come under 16 hours...

J.