close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A new toy for me!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by krl45, Feb 7, 2010.

1. krl45

krl45

Here is a gun that I've been looking for, and have not had much luck finding here where I live. It's a Marlin 1894 in .357 Mag. I have a 9mm, .40 S&W, and a .45 ACP carbine, but this is one I could not find. I was at the pawn shop Monday, and I could here it calling to me from the back shelf, "buy me, take me home, mortgage the house, sell the kids future, whatever you have to do, but take me home." :supergrin:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bac1023

bac1023

3. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

The Marlin carbines are great fun. I regret selling my .44 Mag unit a couple years ago in an attempt to make more room in the gun safes. Have fun with your new unit and it gives you a good excuse to go pick up a Ruger BlackHawk in .357 so you'll have a matching handgun!:supergrin:

4. Mercedesrover

Mercedesrover

Nice. I'm looking for the very same thing!

5. GlockPride

GlockPride Glock 23

Congrats. What are specs/info on the scope?

6. Substance-P

Substance-P Member

Congrats. I have a .357 or .44 lever on my list. Is it going to be a hunting rifle or just range time, etc.?

In south Georgia, I imagine there are quite a few hogs that could end up on the business end of that Marlin.

7. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Honk Honk CLM

Schweet! I was looking for one for a long time, but wound up getting the 44 since I couldn't find one.

8. Webley Green

Webley Green

Glad you got yours, you'll find it an accurate carbine, with about as much kick as a.22. I bought one used at a gunshow about 10 years ago and have really enjoyed it. I like the carbine revolver interchangeable ammo concept. Mine has a Williams reciever sight on it.

9. Bill Keith

Bill Keith

Congratulations. I've had one for several years and it really steps out with the 357 Hornady LeveRevolution ammo. I also do a fair amount of shooting with 158 gr lead 38 semiwadcutters. It generally rides around with me as my homeboy assault rifle. Lever actions don't have much of a second glance riding around in trucks in rural Texa.

10. krl45

krl45

The scope is a 4x20 Simmons that I had for another carbine. But what the hey. It is for fun mostly. I might carry it into the woods if the opportunity presents itself. I have several .357 Mags, but they are all double action S&W. I might just start looking for a Ruger Blackhawk in .357. I have one in .44 Mag and one in .30 carbine. I have never thought about the LEVERevolution ammo, but now that you mention it I've got to get me some. Thanks to everyone.