Glock Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
289 Posts
DBradD, what type of bodyweight stuff do you do? Is it all high rep stuff? What do you have to say about the book you mentioned?

I have been weight training for 10 months, and a while back I added some body weight stuff....dips, pullups, chinups, but I have to add weight now to bring the reps down.

Also, does anyone here use solely dumbbells for chest instead of a bar? My shoulder has started to give me some pain, so instead of a barbell today for chest, I used dumbbells, and I didnt get any of the pain that I had been getting the past week with the barbell.

· Registered
289 Posts
My age is 27, and I have no previous injuries. Not really sure what my goals are I suppose, just to keep progressing. 10 months ago, a friend of mine bought his own bench so he could work out at home instead of going to the gym all the time. He invited me over one night, and I wasnt all that interested, but I went anyway, and I have been working out since then. First thing I did was flat barbell bench, and that has been part of our routine since then. Not really trying to specifically target the chest, but the shoulders, chest, and triceps with the bench press. I am guessing that today I didnt feel that should pain during my sets, was because with the dumbbells there was less overall weight on my shoulders as compared with the bar. So, I am planning on using dumbbells until my shoulders are completely better.

· Registered
289 Posts
Yep, I do weighted dips. I dont do standing overhead press, but I do the sitted version with dumbbells, and have been since almost the begining. Could you explain L-flys to me? I recently added flys to my routine....the type where you are laying on the bench, and with a slight bend at your elbows, bring your arms down to your sides and bring them back up to the top. Thanks for the help Jack.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.