Glock Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,166 Posts
I am down 33 pounds, 12% fat, and 13+". I have actually took a turn in my training. For a year I was doing a lot of strength training. Summer came and the weather has been great, and friends of mine have turned me on to triathlom training. Next July I intend to compete in my first triathlon. My bike and run has been pretty good, but I have to get in the pool.

· Registered
1,166 Posts
Originally posted by DBradD
Wow. Impressive.
I will be impressed when I get to the level to finish it. The hardest thing for me is going to be the swim. What was really impressive with this training has been my blood work numbers. Man, did the bad numbers plummet and the good numbers come up. I have a 5k in August, 10k in October and an 8.8 mile trail run in November. After that, I will really get to work on the swim. Can you get the idea I am not a swimmer.:supergrin:

· Registered
1,166 Posts
Originally posted by DBradD
I swim about like a rock, so I can feel your pain.
You got it, the rock stroke. But my wife keeps saying to me, "Look when you started you had a hard time with running 1 mile, now you are running close to 4 miles". Gotta love the li'l lady for her support.

· Registered
1,166 Posts
Nothing really set. I have been alternating running and biking days. Every two days I usually take a day off. Usually on Friday or Saturday I will do a double, where we bike first, put our bikes in our vehicles then run. I have only been at this since this May. Have my run up to about 4 miles and bike only days I do about 16 miles. On bike/run days it is 12 mile ride and 3 mile run. Once I get past my 10k in October I will throw swimming into the mix. Also have to come up with a way to get in at least 2-3 days on the weight machines. It is all about endurance. My one friend that I train with, her husband just did the Lake Placid Ironman this past Sunday. It was his third time. I will be happy to do a sprint triathlon.:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.