A New Fun Shooter...Mossad Beretta

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Jake Starr, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Jake Starr

Jake Starr

photo (6).JPG

Have been wanting a .22LR Beretta 71 for some time and I found one. What fine old school craftsmanship. Also helps that I was able to outshoot my young protege with it too.

deputy tom likes this.
  2. Climb14er

Climb14er

Had one for many years. Nice gun. But the rim of the .22LR cartridge gets caught up sometimes upon ejection. You've got to keep the pistol really clean and use top quality ammo.

There are better guns on the market these days... even if you place a silencer on the Beretta and try to act like a Mossad hit man

YMMV!

3. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I've had one for about five years.
    Nice gun.

[​IMG]

Good article.

http://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/israeli-mossad-22-lrs/#mossad-22-lsr-beretta-70

"An enemy of Israel believes that he has successfully slipped away from the Mossad after his heinous act of terrorism. It’s a beautiful evening and time for a stroll. As the terrorist steps out of his apartment his chest is peppered with a handful of .22 Long Rifle bullets that immediately end his terrorist career. The only thing that the local police find is a dead terrorist and a small pile of .22 LR brass casings sprinkled close to the deceased, courtesy of the Israeli Mossad .22 LRS."

deputy tom likes this.
  4. Ffolkes

Ffolkes

5. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

Congrats. I am green with envy. tom. >>:supergrin:

6. Rizzo

Rizzo Garbage Day!

Just went looking on gunbroker for one... There are a few on there that have "permanently mounted" fake silencers on them. What would be the point of mounting a fake can on a gun so that it's really hard to take off? (They say "permanent", but unless they're welded on I don't see why a competent gunsmith couldn't take it off.) :dunno:

7. Jake Starr

Jake Starr

Import restrictions are reason for fake suppressor. I spoke with ATF about same thing. If I got one with the suppressor removed would I be in violation. He did not have a firm answer. But he did say that as a civilian, if I bought it with one removed, shouldn't be a problem. Could be an issue for someone buying them with fake can then removing it. Reason I fould a pre 68 import ban.

8. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

Nice.
    I have been looking for one for years - very same model.

9. Jake Starr

Jake Starr

According to Jonas in his book Vengeance, firearms instructor was a former Marine named Dave whose major contribution was introducing the Beretta .22Lr to the Mossad. He favored using Condition 3 carry. Other reports show that Israeli Air Marshals were also doing the same, even earlier.

10. Merkavaboy

Merkavaboy Code-7A KUZ769

Sword of Gideon. Saw that movie decades ago when I was a teen. Right after getting Netflix streaming that was one of the very first movies I watched. Second favorite only to Raid on Entebbe. G-d bless Israel!

11. Jake Starr

Jake Starr

12. dennis3dflyer

dennis3dflyer

I got 2 just like m2 carbines , w, 4 beretta mags n 1 triple k mag, italy dealer says they are out just after I got my 2 extra wish I got 10 plus.

the ones with fake cans are recent imports as israel had many stockpiled after their police and others recently stoped using it as issue gun.

I forgot who but someone finally made a deal to get them here but those fake cans ruin the gun.

I wish beretta would make another run of the magazine's. Triple Ks are crap but all you can get unless you're in italy shopping the large and small stores. And get lucky only a year ago you could order direct from italys major beretta dealer had some left and finally ran out.

I hope to mount rmr red dots on them after plateing them in np3 or crome. And supress them.