Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are we seeing a possible cold war again?

Pres. Bush pressuring the Russians to back out of Georgia; the US sending cargo planes with "relief goods," US State Department officials in Georgia and the Georgian government declaring its airports and seaports under US control.

·
Registered
553 Posts
i dont get it! why does the U.S. keep medling with other people's business? :upeyes:
Bush really loves to pick a fight with just anybody!

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
1. If there'll be such a war, it won't be cold.
2. Russia's doing plenty of violent meddling as we speak.

JM2P

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I had to chuckle when I opened chowchow's link, an American-made M35 6x6 truck nestled between Russian-made ones. And at least one Georgian had an M4...

·
Registered
367 Posts
i don't get it, when us meddles with other countries its ok, let's go liberate afghanistan, iraq, cuba and next stop is iran but when russia meddles us suddenly becomes the peace keeper.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
thats what happens when you have the worlds most powerful armed force. you guys will also understand when PI becomes a superpower sometime in the next millenium hehe.

NOT! hahahahaha.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont get it! why does the U.S. keep medling with other people's business? :upeyes:
Bush really loves to pick a fight with just anybody!
If the US (not only Bush) does not put pressure on Russia, they could invade some of the former Russian states and annex them again. Russia is just waiting for the opportunity to do it.

The US does not want Iran to be a nuclear superpower. If they do, they can be a big headache towards world stability.

It just so happens that the US is doing all the dirty job that the UN or other countries can't do. What happens a lot is that the US does the job first, and the others follow and claim credit for it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ummmmm.... Iraq was invaded and liberated for a different Reason, I don't think the U.S. meddled on that. They sent in over 300 K troops. Hardly meddling I should say.
yup for a different reason, nuclear or biochemical weapons that to this date aren't found yet.and yes hardly meddling since its already a full scale invasion.

·
Registered
367 Posts
If the US (not only Bush) does not put pressure on Russia, they could invade some of the former Russian states and annex them again. Russia is just waiting for the opportunity to do it.

The US does not want Iran to be a nuclear superpower. If they do, they can be a big headache towards world stability.

It just so happens that the US is doing all the dirty job that the UN or other countries can't do. What happens a lot is that the US does the job first, and the others follow and claim credit for it.

sir isuzu if it will be US to do all the dirty work for UN then we should remove the UN security council since it has become useless already as US need not get its consent, all they have to do is justify their actions later on.

And as for Iran becoming a nuclear super power, it happened it Pakistan before but after they had their hands on nuclear weapons they suddenly became a US ally.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sir isuzu if it will be US to do all the dirty work for UN then we should remove the UN security council since it has become useless already as US need not get its consent, all they have to do is justify their actions later on.

And as for Iran becoming a nuclear super power, it happened it Pakistan before but after they had their hands on nuclear weapons they suddenly became a US ally.
True, the UN Security Council is inutile. It should be dissolved. It is very, I mean very slow to act. It can't even solve the problem in the Darfur region. Ang ibang countries sa council, ride on lang palagi.

As to the Pakistan situation, the US had to ally with somebody who is pro-western. If they lose their grip on Pakistan, there is a possibility that the nuclear capabilities of that country could be exploited by the wrong people. :)

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
http://www.visayandailystar.com/2008/August/15/topstory4.htm

In this case, the PAF Hueys could not fly when the weather goes bad because of the lack of flight instruments (for bad weather); it took a US chopper to evacuate the wounded, although this came too late for one Marine.

That's one of the "dirty" jobs that they had to do.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts

For me UN is getting to be ineffective.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
http://www.visayandailystar.com/2008/August/15/topstory4.htm

In this case, the PAF Hueys could not fly when the weather goes bad because of the lack of flight instruments (for bad weather); it took a US chopper to evacuate the wounded, although this came too late for one Marine.

That's one of the "dirty" jobs that they had to do.
they did it also before - this time it was a night operation and one or two soldiers needed to be airlifted during the night - a blackhawk picked them up and saved their lives. Top brass admitted that the soldier/s would have bled to death if it wasn't for the US help.
I wonder if they would help if we get i a fight with China due to territorial disputes

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Ang sigaw ng bayan during Macoy's time, Imperialismong Kano, hehehe. They have been since the two atomic bombs obliterated two Japanese cities 63 yrs ago.

Bagong supply ng Marpat ang mga Georgians .

isnt these similar to Israeli ammo vest ?

Georgian gunboat .

Weapons from dead Georgian troops

Bad boy ang dateng ng Russian truck . I like the big knobby tires. Could this be armored plated ?

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
ganun talaga pag powerful ka, you meddle. take for example the cbcp, diba meron seperation of church and state, pero bcos they're powerful.... they meddle.

meddling happens when you're powerful. its a fact of life.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
ganun talaga pag powerful ka, you meddle. take for example the cbcp, diba meron seperation of church and state, pero bcos they're powerful.... they meddle.

meddling happens when you're powerful. its a fact of life.
Boss, mukhang mainit pa rin yung dugo mo sa CBCP :)

1 - 20 of 72 Posts