A lot of Glock 26 love!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TLHelmer, Aug 25, 2007.

1. TLHelmer

TLHelmer Millennium Member

I have had a Glock 27 for 10 years and love it. I have never been recoil sensitive, but yesterday I shot a newly acquired Gock 26. WOW! It shot like a dream and was very pleasant in the recoil department. I never realized how much my 27 recoiled until I shot the 26. my shot recovery time was much faster with the 26 and it was just as accurate.

I may switch to the Glock 26 for off-duty and backup carry. It makes sense because our duty weapon is the Glock 17 so the mags will fit in the G-26.

2. fastbolt

fastbolt

As good as the little G27 may be, I've always felt the G26 offered an overall better bargain. ;) It's hands-down my favorite of the Glock models when it comes to an off-duty weapon.

On the other hand, doing a lot of shooting with a G27 has resulted in significant improvement when it comes to shooting my G26. Of course, the same can probably be said for shooting my 4040PD and then going back to my 3913, too.

My favorite off-duty pistols are chambered in 9mm ... and this didn't change when the decision was made to discontinue 9mm as our service caliber and adopt both .40 S&W & .45 ACP as the issued calibers.

3. TLHelmer

Thanks for your response. I think the g-26 just makes more sense given my issued duty weapon is a Glock 17.:thumbsup:

4. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

There is no doubt about it. You might need that G-26 and you will have hopefully have two 17 round reloads on your belt.

5. TLHelmer

I hope I don't ever need them, but it is possible.

6. Dobber

Dobber Member

I liked my G26 so much I bought second one. It's the only gun I own multiple versions except for my AR's.

7. meshmdz

meshmdz OBAMA 2012

the 26 is the best glock on the market, IMO. its the glock i ALWAYS keep coming back to.

8. Ken43

Ken43

Many years I took a Glock conversion course for instructors. The instructor that came from Glock was carrying a Glock 26. I asked him why he was carrying a 26 when he could be carrying a 27. He said that he liked the 26 because of the fact that he had more rounds in the magazine and his follow up shots were faster. He didn't think there was that much difference between the 9mm and the 40 S&W with the new ammo that was available. I have both the 26 and 27. I really don't have a preference. If I am working with a partner that carries a 40 then I carry the 27. If my partner is carring a 9mm I carry the 26. That works for me.

9. father time

father time

I just bought a G26 (3rd or 4th I've owned over time)and I will NEVER be w/o one again.Just too handy to pack,much easier to shoot than a J-frame(for me)and double the ammo with almost double the power;what's NOT to love ?

10. TLHelmer

Thanks for your replies!:thumbsup:

11. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 10:9

I love my 26 too. After shooting my 23 it feels like I'm shooting a 22 when I start shooting my 26.

12. Ray26

Ray26

The G26 just might be the brightest star in the entire Glock line-up.

13. D-GLOCK17

D-GLOCK17 GLOCKER

I love my Glock 26 also. Great weapon. I just need to get a few G17 and/or G19 mags.

14. Mike 257

Mike 257

I havent put my G26 down since I bought it 6 months ago

15. DHart

DHart

Yeah... the 26 sure is a sweet little gun. I have no problem carrying my G19 and G30, but I'm still drawn to the G26... it really is a soft-shooting, accurate little gun.

16. fastbolt

fastbolt

Since my last post in this thread two more folks I know have compared the G26 & G27 and bought a G26. One of them was already convinced he wanted the G27 before he compared them on the firing line, but changed his mind after some range time was spent with both.

Both already own other Glocks and are familiar with the platform, and both carry other caliber issued weapons.

Both of them, however, decided that the G26 offered them what they desired most when it came to a subcompact Glock.

The G26 is a popular little Glock for good reason.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  17. m4arc

m4arc

I'll admit that when I first bought my G26 I wasn't impressed and thought I made a mistake buying it. I even thought about selling it. However after spending some quality time with it I've come to love the little bugger and carry it almost every day. I am still amazed at how great the little Glock shoots and how smooth it is.

It's definitely won me over that's for sure :thumbsup:

18. georgewain

georgewain

I love my 26. It surprises me that I can be so accurate w/ it. I got mine w/ night sights. Since I hit the big 50 my vision at sight distance has gotten worse and the sights help me out a lot.

19. DHart

DHart

Night sights, oh yes! Pretty much required on a defense gun in my view.

20. Kartar

Kartar

I also have two Glock 26's and would never sell them. They are the most concealable, comfortable to carry and very easy to shoot accurately.

Attached Files: