close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A little unclear for Orlando

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Ian, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Ian

Ian Millennium Member

;9
    Looking forward to our first GSSF competition, but could someone, with the time, please correct me on a couple of points.
    My understanding is that it is $25 entry fee per division.
    There is an option of shooting Saturday and/or Sunday.
    Can we shoot both days for the $25, or do we have to pay again on Sunday?
    My wife and I can shoot the 34 only in Amateur-Competition, but the (about to purchase) 19 in Amateur-Stock Civillian.
    I am not allowed to put an extended slide stop on the 19 and still compete as above.
    But what about an Glock extended magazine release, and a Glock minus trigger?

Many thanks, and good luck to all attending.
    Ian

2. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

You're correct in that it's $25/division. Shooting the match is available both days, you can shoot either day, but it's all the same match. (Depending on when I arrive, I might even register Saturday afternoon, then shoot early (and fresh) Sunday AM.)

You can only shoot a given division once during a match. However, the course of fire is the same for all divisions. If you'd simply like to shoot it more than twice each, there is nothing to prevent you from also entering Master Stock and/or Unlimited divisions as well - you could shoot your 19 in Master Stock or UL, or your 34 in UL.

If you each shoot the 2 divisions (Comp and AmCiv), that is a total of 4 entry fees and you can shoot them at any time during the weekend. FWIW, I usually shoot Competition first, as a warmup, then AmCiv. Because of the better odds, I'd prefer to do the best in AmCiv.

Yes, you may put a stock Glock extended slide stop on the 19 if you like, as well as a Glock extended mag release and Glock 3.5# connector and still shoot your 19 in AmCiv. Most of all, be safe and have fun. ;f

Edited to correct division entry info (thanks Terminator)

3. Terminator

Terminator

Are you saying using the same gun twice in the same division, or 2 different guns in each division?

It was my understanding that you could only enter one division once.

Now im unclear.

4. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Nope; I was. You're correct in your last sentence. Now that my senior moment has passed I'll edit my post above to clarify. You've got it. (more coffee please...)
    ;9