A little help with Trijicon "scopes"

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers/Lights' started by ScrappyDoo, Oct 23, 2010.

1. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Tacticool brah!

hi and thank you in advance for the help,

I am wondering, what is the "cheapest" Trijicon scope as in , least expensive scope/red dot/reflex/holosight etc.

I am a big big fan of Trijicon, I have their yellow and green night sights on my G23 and I LOVE them... I really like Trijicon, their reputation, their illumination capability but damn they are so expensive.

I would love an ACOG some day, even better with the reflex/red dot ON Top of an ACOG, but I don't have a big boy rifle and may never have one (it's not like I have a duty weapon or anything anyway)... but I am looking at their reflex and red-dots for my 15-22 and/or a magnified scope /Accupoint/Tripower for one of my .22LR scoped rifles.

I found a Trijicon Reflex RX06-11 which is a nice looking little reflex/red dot , and it has the Weaver mount rather than the carry handle mount (so this could go right on my rail of the 15-22 right?) and saw it advertised down from like $550 to $380, but all the $380 sites are sold out.

And I have two other scoped long rifles in 22, but the Accupoint and Tripower magnified scopes are Extremely expensive, and I am thinking that it would be complete overkill for a 22 if I did have the money to spend.

I may wind up having to buy an Aimpoint which I can find for around $400-$500, I really like the Aimpoint battery use and longevity.. but again either way, big investment and I have no real quality optics so this is special to me, want to do it right but not screw up. Also don't want to invest $400-500-600+ on a fancy optic for a .22 and after a month/week/range trip realize it was a waste to do on a .22 (Which I could live with, I would just save it and then save to buy a rifle to fit it eventually, never a problem there right?)

Okay well sorry for the dissertation thank you for all help, I have wasted money on two NcStar's before when I was not at all knowledgeable and didn't ask for help,. and while they do what they're advertised to do, I just don't want waste more money would rather have help and do it correctly.

2. WayaX

WayaX Lifetime Member

Cheap and Trijicon really don't go well together. If you only want to spend $400-500, an Aimpoint CompM3 with a LaRue mount.

The cheaper trijicons (reflex and RMR) wash out in bright light. I've owned an Eotech 512, Trijicon Reflex, and Aimpoint CompM2. Out of all of them, the Aimpoint CompM2 has been the best by far. I'd love a Trijicon ACOG, but that's more pricey.

ETA: I saw you're looking at stuff for .22's. Honestly, don't buy an expensive optic for a .22LR. I would actually recommend a primary arms aimpoint knockoff for your application. There is no point to blow money on a fancy optic just to say you have a fancy optic.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010

3. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Tacticool brah!

Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

Just for the record it wasn't to say I have a fancy optic, I really wanted something high quality that's all, not for saying, shoot no one really cares, I just wanted something nice.

Also realize in Jersey you can't hunt with a rifle and it's tough to find/far to drive a range that allows rifles, whereas easy and quick to go shoot pistol calibers, so there's not a lot of reason to even own a centerfire/big boy/etc. rifle.. It's not that I couldn't get an AR, it's that, it seems tough to spend $1000-$1500 on a rifle and some accessories, say $500-$1000 on a scope, and sit it in the closet, know what I mean? Whereas I can take out one of my several .22's, if I'm feeling bolt action, or semi, or the AR style, and go drive 15 mins and drop $20 on a brick, and i'm good to go for a few hours.

And I should have used least expensive rather than cheap, I know they're not cheap, just wondering if anyone had a tip on a deal etc. Thanks again tho.