GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Nice photo. At work, we used to watch Lynn Thompson videos on YouTube for laughs. Some of the funniest stuff I’ve seen.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Nice photo. At work, we used to watch Lynn Thompson videos on YouTube for laughs. Some of the funniest stuff I’ve seen.
Yeah, over hyped to sell their product and it worked. In my opinion, you really can’t beat Cold Steel for price to quaintly ratio. I only have 2 CS knives that I bought from mid 90s and they’re both Carbon V steel.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Of course they are. CS calls whatever they’re using carbon v, don’t they? I’m not aware that it’s an actual type of steel, or even that what cs calls carbon v has always been the same product.

I think their stuff is good. But v is part of their sales/branding parlance. I prefer benchmade autos. But cs is certainly more affordable. That’s their niche.

·
In Omnia Paratus.
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well these models are all in S35vn. It's no joke. I have also a cold steel older Voyager 4". It's in AUS 8. I've been using that knife for 25 years. It's even good to go in AUS 8. They do some crazy marketing but the models shown are very good high quality blades. I mean I have Benchmade, Spyderco, and many others. Compare that AD10 to a PM 2(one of the greatest EDC knives in history.) It pushes the PM2 down on the ground and takes its lunch money lol, and I carry a military sometimes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts