Glock Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to keep a gun in my car but am not sure if it will rust up and fail. How long can I keep one in an area that goes from -5 to 100+ with windows up? How often must I lube it? Where can I get a mag pez despenser? Thanks

·
Registered
611 Posts
I want to keep a gun in my car but am not sure if it will rust up and fail. How long can I keep one in an area that goes from -5 to 100+ with windows up? How often must I lube it? Where can I get a mag pez despenser? Thanks
With proper maintenence according to your owner's manual, any pistol will withstand the temperatures you mention. However, I wouldn't keep a gun in the car. The gun does you no good if you're not there with it. It belongs on your side. I see a lot of cars broken into and in addition to stealing a stereo or whatever else they want, you don't want to arm a criminal.

As for a Pez dispenser, you're on your own.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Leave only give-away things in the cars and trucks.

Remember the bad guys can get in faster than you can. And they do not have a key.

I leave nothhing of value in my car.

Firearms belong in a good holster on your side.

·
Registered
314 Posts
So where should I leave my gun when I arrive at a no carry zone????maybe a school ,hospial,post office,sporting event,church,etc............:yawn:
In Michigan,,,these are all no carry zones:upeyes: ,,,parking lots are exempt..

·
Registered
379 Posts
Unfortunately the criminals are very aware of no carry zones and that improves their odds of scoring in those same parking lots. We must be very responsible to make sure that doesn't happen. If I know my final destination requires me to be bare back, it stays at home. That improves my odds of still having possession of my favorite carry arm.

·
Registered
534 Posts
If I had to leave a gun in the car full time, it would be a hipoint, because when it's stolen, I wouldn't be out that much. But then I'd have to hope and pray I don't get shot with my own stolen gun by the thug someday.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I come from a Law Enforcement family. About 50% of the thieves interviewed in my area stated when they broke into vehicles they were looking specifically for guns. Keep you gun with you!

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I come from a Law Enforcement family. About 50% of the thieves interviewed in my area stated when they broke into vehicles they were looking specifically for guns. Keep you gun with you!
Which is why I have no "NRA" stickers or "This Car Insured by Smith & Wesson" bumper stickers on my car...nothing to tip them off that I might by a "gun guy".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.