close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A good price for an M14 rifle

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by KevlarSix, Jul 18, 2006.

1. KevlarSix

KevlarSix Senior Member

Hi guys,

Would 130t be a good price for an M14 rifle which has these accessories? Or would it be way too much expensive

Springfield Armory Heavy National Match Barrel
    Springfield Armory Muzzle Brake
    Harris Bipod SL
    USA made Custom cheekpiece
    Rubber Recoil Pad
    Rare ventilated upper handguard
    A.R.M.S. type scope mount
    Burris Fullfield 2 3-9x40mm Balistic Plex Scope
    Butler Creek front and rear flip up sight cover
    Sunguard Scope Anti-reflection device

Here's a photo:
    [​IMG]

Regards,
    KevlarSix

2. isuzu

isuzu

I think I've seen this M14 posted in the forum before. If you were to buy an M14, get the basic one. They probably cost between P55,000-P65,000. Two for the price of one.

The M14 is inherently accurate in its stock form. I've tried Springfield Armory, Winchesters and TRWs, and I didn't find any difference with regards to reliability and accuracy. Just add a military scope and mount, feed it with match grade ammo, and you're good to go.

3. Wp.22

Wp.22

its the same M14 posted here before taken from filairsoft website under for sale section. If im not mistaken Kevlarsix is a regular poster there.

4. KevlarSix

KevlarSix Senior Member

Right on the spot. You're Potski right? Nice USP you have there.

Regards,
    KevlarSix

5. blueeagle

blueeagle

then convert it to fire in automatic mode!!!

6. KevlarSix

KevlarSix Senior Member

I'm really not sure it would be a wise idea to fire auto on a national match barrel..

Regards,
    KevlarSix

7. MR_BIG

MR_BIG

its too expensive for my taste.

8. paltik45

paltik45

If you can find a Norinco or Polytech m14/M1a That would be sweet. Newly manufactured cheap,reliable and very good metallurgy. The Springfield Inc. are made from cast receiver and some of the small parts are MIM. I'll take IZUZU's advice.;)

PS when I was at Villamor airbase may nakita akong Poly and Norinco M14 na nakuha sa mga Nice People Around (NPA) sa Mindanao and Iloilo.
    They dont have any markings except a "Lotus" flower stamp on barrel and receiver. I think It was donated by Big brother Mao.:supergrin:

9. bulm540

bulm540

Unless you are detailed in the Anti aircraft unit, no need to fire the M 14 in auto. First shot would be dead on , second shot would be 6 inches high, 3rd shot would be for anti aircraft purposes.

10. isuzu

isuzu

Tried the Springfield Armory M14 on full auto mode. I had to be 3 meters from the backstop. The thing just wandered around. Nakakatakot.

11. isuzu

isuzu

The Springfields that I tried were the ones issued to the CAFGUS by the military. When they were deployed in Mindanao, a lot of the troops requested an M14.

Were the old Springfields already cast, or are only the new ones cast?

12. paltik45

paltik45

Ok na sana yung set-up kaya lang ang nakasira sa porma ay yung "Muzzle Brake":clown: . It will defeat the main purpose of the rifle because of the blast signature. Kabayan if you could find a used original M14 flash hider and ream the inside diameter. Dont forget to check the "splines" of the Flash hider for cracks and other damages.You can get a 5deg. taper reamer in a local machine shop supply (Kalookan). Another option would be asking Tony pascual to make you a "Vortex" type flash hider with the 5degree inside taper. The taper will prevent the contact of the exiting bullet on the flash hider. ;) BTW a good FH has a distinctive "Ting" sound when you tap it just like checking a crystal glass.
    ;)

13. paltik45

paltik45

Sir I think the Old vietnam era M14 which was donated by Uncle Sam to the Phil. was Made by "Springfield Armory Arsenal". This is run by the US Govt. to manufacture Military issue rifles. They are "THE REAL DEAL" M14 rifles. But the newly manufactured M1a's and M14(US Military use & export only) are made from investment casting. It is now made by "Springfield Armory Inc." which is a privately owned company but they filed for a license to use the NAME. There are a handful of manufacturers nowadays that makes a HAMMER FORGED M1A receiver. Namely Norinco, Polytech (both from China) and LRB(USA) they are highly sought after by High power shooters here in the USA. Another company went to the other direction which is ENTREPRISE ARMS (USA). Their receiver are machined from solid billet tool steel and they are well made but very expensive. Hope this helps. :)

14. isuzu

isuzu

Thanks, Paltik45. :)

15. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

The best m14 i have handled so far are made by TRW, what the soldiers call diamond. trigger pull and overall fit/built is the best compared to the ones made by springfield, winchester and remington.

16. KevlarSix

KevlarSix Senior Member

I think this video explains the use of the muzzle brake:
    http://www.smithenterprise.com/spec/SEI_M14_USCG_MB-1.mpg

But again, it's a Smith Enterprise Muzzle Brake video and not a Springfield Armory one.

Regards

17. isuzu

isuzu

You're right. As quoted from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M14_(rifle):

Production
    Standard service rifles were produced from 1959 to 1964.

United States Armory, Springfield, MA
    Harrington & Richardson Arms Co., Worcester, MA
    Olin Mathieson Chemical Corp. (Winchester-Western Div.), New Haven, CT
    Thompson-Ramo-Wooldridge Inc.(TRW), Cleveland, OH (considered the highest-quality variant, TRW marked parts often command a premium when they come up for sale)

The purpose-built National Match version was produced in 1962 and 1963 by Springfield Armory, and in 1964 by TRW. Springfield Armory upgraded a number of service rifles in 1965 and 1966 to National Match specifications. Upgrading for 1967 was carried out at U.S. Arsenal, Rock Island, IL. These M14 variants are to this day capable of extreme long-range accuracy.

Springfield and TRW delivered more than 11,000 National Match rifles in the 1962–1964 period. Roughly 8,000 service rifles were modified to NM standards during 1965–1967.