Eternity: Smoking or Non-Smoking
2,784 Posts
Congrats!

Reactions: CajunBass

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Nice guns for sure. I just traded off a 19-9....just couldn't get a little sick to my stomach everytime I looked at the lock-hole and sleeved barrel and lousy finish. But if an old 19 happens to show up without the need to sell a kidney for it, I'll snap it up.
I really like my 19-9. It doesn't have the 'panache that the old ones have, but I don't mind running 357 ammo through it either. I stick to 38's on my old ones. I fell like I never really know what the guy who had it before me did, and the next magnum, might be the one that breaks the camels back.

That PSP commemorative is rather unique. I was a PSP trooper at the time those were made available and thought them a bit weird, as PSP was never issued a S&W.
They must have done a bunch of those things about that time. I had a Virginia State Police model 66 in the presentation case a few years ago. I kept it a while, then sold it to a VSP trooper who wanted it. As far as I know VSP never issued a Model 66. They did issue S&W revolvers though.

Reactions: FullClip

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Hope you shoot the pea out of them, congrats, many years of enjoyment. 44 special is the perfect round for a ton of purposes.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
You had a VERY GOOD day! Congrats!

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
I really like my 19-9. It doesn't have the 'panache that the old ones have, but I don't mind running 357 ammo through it either. I stick to 38's on my old ones. I fell like I never really know what the guy who had it before me did, and the next magnum, might be the one that breaks the camels back.
While caution is never a bad thing, absent signs of serious abuse, your "old " K frame 357s should be just fine with the occasional cylinders of magnums.

The issue of cracked forcing cones that lead to the development of the L frame were very high round count revolvers using a steady diet of full power loads almost exclusively.

·
Farmer, House Sitter and Cook
5,748 Posts
I have a real weakness for S&W revolvers. Yours are both one that I would be extremely proud to own. Congrats.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts