A Glock Story

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by RYAN ARNOLD, Oct 14, 2003.

1. RYAN ARNOLD

RYAN ARNOLD

Hey .357 lovers I've got a story for you.

I went camping with seven friends of mine last weekend. We camped in the mountains northeast of Phoenix at aroung 5500ft elevation. The spot was perfect for shooting and we shot for hours. Clay pigeons, 8mm turkish mausers, Sars 1. 7.62, ar15 .223 you name it. At some point someone got into the cab of my truck for something and droped my glock 32 in the dirt. It was a actually a sandy road where I was parked. I know this because I cleaned the gun before we left and the rear of the slide and butt were covered in sand when I pulled it out of my truck. I racked the slide and heard the scraping sound of sand. I Was pissed and of course no one admitted they did it. I spent an hour cleaning the fricking sand out of the internals of the gun. I thought I probably should have it professionally cleaned by my gunsmith and I was right. He said it was the first time he'd ever seen sand in the firing pin of a Glock. He said it would of course have still fired. Anyway FYI for anyone who drops a glock in the sand it can get into the firing pin!

2. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

3. 4TS&W

4TS&W 2A RKBA 4EVER

Ouch, time to get new friends! ;P

4. Three-Five-Seven

Three-Five-Seven Señor Mombo Millennium Member

Let me get this straight: you left a firearm unsecured in a vehicle and then moved beyond sight of that vehicle???

I think god is trying to tell you something about gun safety. Better listen!

5. RYAN ARNOLD

RYAN ARNOLD

Don't get preachy on me dude. I was never more than thirty yards away from my truck in the middle of the woods. It was unloaded as all my ammo was in my shooting bag on the shooting table we brought with us. Everybody in the group except my father and my father in law has a conceled weapons permit and knows firearms. Someone probably got in my truck while my back was turned to get something and dropped the gun bringing it to the table to shoot. The point of me posting the story is tell other glock owners that it is not impossible to sand in the firing pin.