Glock Talk banner

A Glock 19 Gen 2 back to my collection

701 Views 15 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Glock23shooter
Story time....

So a few years ago I got my brother into his first gun which was a G19 Gen 3 that he loved. Then one day I was in a pickle and needed cash and the 19s were always a hot seller in my city. I traded my G22 G2, which he didn't care for and sold the 19 instantly. I felt bad as he loved his gun and ended up meeting up with some sorta hoodlum type kid that had a G2 G19 which he didn't know absolutely anything and traded him a fullsize S&W M&P 9 for it, once I ran the serial number to make sure it wasn't stolen or anything. The gun was actually in really good shape for it being a Gen 2 and came with a Tupperware case so I had to make it happen and successfully succeeded doing the trade. I gave it to my brother which he didn't know much about besides him not liking it for not having a rail.

I use this trade a as insurance that I will eventually get it back, once I find him another one with a rail like a Gen 4 or maybe 5. Well a couple years ago I bought a Black Aces tactical semi auto shotgun as I wanted a cheap semi auto beater for $180. I didn't like it at all and listed up for sale. Luckily some guy that didn't know too much about guns offered me a brand new Gen 3 Glock 19 with some extras for trade and jumped on it immediately! He was super happy with the shotgun as so was I with the trade knowing that I was trading my brother for the Gen 2 19. I finish Addington accessories and now she is a safe queen. It is a 3 letter alphabetical serial so it's nothing special unfortunately 馃槕 but kinda got what I been itching to have back in my possession for just $180 out my pocket!

Rectangle Automotive exterior Bumper Musical instrument accessory Font

Rectangle Font Material property Gas Metal
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

WHAT GLOCK?
Literally the only Glock 19 I ever liked... And I own 4... One 3, one 4, and two 5s. None of them fit my hands like the gen 2 I foolishly traded years ago for a stupid HK USP.

One day... I'll have another.

Jealous. And well done on the trade!!!

Registered
Nice I carried a 2 Gen G-19 (X-NYPD) "GS" prefix for years. Then I went all .40 mostly and It got placed into storage. Back in the early 90's, the 19 was all the rage, since then Gen 3/4/5 in many flavors have come out.
I carry a 3 Gen G-22 mostly.
However, a 2.5 Gen G-27, and Gen 2 G-23, get mixed in.
Soon I will be a man of leisure, and as a retiree, a mixed Lone Wolf/Gen 3 G-26 hybrid, may be all I need.
We shall see, but you cannot go wrong (IMHO) with any generation of a Glock-19.
Nice snag, thanks for sharing.

FN Herstal
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Literally the only Glock 19 I ever liked... And I own 4... One 3, one 4, and two 5s. None of them fit my hands like the gen 2 I foolishly traded years ago for a stupid HK USP.

One day... I'll have another.

Jealous. And well done on the trade!!!
Hey now I use to feel the same about USPs back in the day as they were always over priced, now I love them and wish I can own most of their models lol

Registered
Story time....

So a few years ago I got my brother into his first gun which was a G19 Gen 3 that he loved. Then one day I was in a pickle and needed cash and the 19s were always a hot seller in my city. I traded my G22 G2, which he didn't care for and sold the 19 instantly. I felt bad as he loved his gun and ended up meeting up with some sorta hoodlum type kid that had a G2 G19 which he didn't know absolutely anything and traded him a fullsize S&W M&P 9 for it, once I ran the serial number to make sure it wasn't stolen or anything. The gun was actually in really good shape for it being a Gen 2 and came with a Tupperware case so I had to make it happen and successfully succeeded doing the trade. I gave it to my brother which he didn't know much about besides him not liking it for not having a rail.

I use this trade a as insurance that I will eventually get it back, once I find him another one with a rail like a Gen 4 or maybe 5. Well a couple years ago I bought a Black Aces tactical semi auto shotgun as I wanted a cheap semi auto beater for $180. I didn't like it at all and listed up for sale. Luckily some guy that didn't know too much about guns offered me a brand new Gen 3 Glock 19 with some extras for trade and jumped on it immediately! He was super happy with the shotgun as so was I with the trade knowing that I was trading my brother for the Gen 2 19. I finish Addington accessories and now she is a safe queen. It is a 3 letter alphabetical serial so it's nothing special unfortunately 馃槕 but kinda got what I been itching to have back in my possession for just $180 out my pocket!

View attachment 1155126
View attachment 1155127
I have a Gen 2 19 as well. I am not sure if I want to get an optic cut for it or just get a Gen 5 19 or a 43x/48 mos. I would like something with a red dot and able to add a light to.

Silent Operator
I have a Gen 2 19 as well. I am not sure if I want to get an optic cut for it or just get a Gen 5 19 or a 43x/48 mos. I would like something with a red dot and able to add a light to.
Might want to trade that Gen 2 for a Gen 5 MOS... If early enough production you have a pretty good shot at the trade.

FN Herstal
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wouldn't do it regardless, for that just get a MOS model. I just bought.me a G48 MOS and I absolutely love it. PM me if you want to trade it for a MOS tho I have a few.

FN Herstal
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't think I would trade it if it's a true gen 2. Glad to hear you like the 48. I am going between the 43x mos and 48 mos. Thoughts?
I wasn't a fan of the 43X but and I loved carrying my G19 Gen 5 for the past 5 years. After seeing they new and improved shield Arms 15 round double stack mags I ran across a super good deal on a G48 MOS with the mags and everything for a steal of a price I couldn't pass up. I did the trigger and XS night sights and I absolutely love it. I thought it was gonna be a little snappy from it being thinner and lighter and was as accurate with my G19.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

1 - 16 of 16 Posts