Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Original "G"
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this today on Gunbroker:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/733294648

The proof marks are washed out compared to the standard Glock markings. The frame proofs appear smaller than normal, but that may be the lighting and photo quality.

An oddball for sure!

·
Original "G"
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you mean by US configuration? Looks like other proof marked 19.3's I've seen.
The Glock logo stamped on the slide by the proof marks and the molded Smyrna import marks on the frame. Those are not typical marks found on non-US destined Glocks. Couple that with washed out proof marks and you have an anomaly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,257 Posts
Lots of photos, but none showing the serial number plate on the frame.
I'd want to see that before bidding, to make sure it's not a mismatched/replaced-frame pistol.

Very strange that the proof-marks aren't as deep as other similar proofs, on any part of the pistol.
You'd think they'd have figured out how to consistently proof-mark a Glock by now.

Mags aren't original (if this pistol was intended for sale in the US at that time, it should have 10-shot mags). He said the case was destroyed in a fire, which means no case label to verify specs.

It is "different", but I don't know if it's "collectible different" (IMO), unless a person could get it cheap.

Might be worth running the serial number through Glock Customer Service, seeing if they have any history on this pistol (part replacements, where it was originally sold/shipped-to, etc.).

·
Premium Member
8,297 Posts
Excellent points D.J.!

·
Original "G"
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lots of photos, but none showing the serial number plate on the frame.
I'd want to see that before bidding, to make sure it's not a mismatched/replaced-frame pistol.

Very strange that the proof-marks aren't as deep as other similar proofs, on any part of the pistol.
You'd think they'd have figured out how to consistently proof-mark a Glock by now.

Mags aren't original (if this pistol was intended for sale in the US at that time, it should have 10-shot mags). He said the case was destroyed in a fire, which means no case label to verify specs.

It is "different", but I don't know if it's "collectible different" (IMO), unless a person could get it cheap.

Might be worth running the serial number through Glock Customer Service, seeing if they have any history on this pistol (part replacements, where it was originally sold/shipped-to, etc.).
I have messaged the seller asking if the serial number matches. The serial number plate, being bowed out, is correct for the FTG prefix but does not exclude a replacement. We shall see what the seller says. If the frame is original I will reach out to Glock CS and see what history I can get.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.