close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A friend cannot get authorized for posting to GlockTalk

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by BB62, May 6, 2004.

1. BB62

BB62

Help! As part of my attempts (now 4) to follow up on a friend getting rejected for GlockTalk user privileges, I sent the following e-mail to webmaster@glocktalk.com from my personal, name-identified e-mail address back on December 14, 2003, and never got a reply. Can someone tell me where or to whom I address such a note?

Thanks! Note follows.
    Sir,

My name is xxx xxxx and I am signed up for GT as BB62. A friend of mine (xxxx xxx) has tried to sign up and has not been able to. Her note to me is copied below.

She is a member of Pink Pistols, and an ardent gun-rights supporter, and I'm sure *she* was not the cause of her IP address being banned.

I do know that very few ISP's offer fixed IP addresses, meaning that when you log on to your ISP you are assigned a different number - so I am puzzled by the error message she has received.

Anyway, could you help her/us?

Thank you,
    xxx

** (Note from her to me follows) **
    xxx,

I can get TO Glock talk - but when I try to register it says: Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here. When I click "here" I see my e-mail program pop up, but no e-mail addresses nor an addressed e-mail is generated. IOW - it does spit.

Can you possibly contact TPTB, intro me & give someone who might let me in,my e-mail address? Please? The more firearms friendly forums I can get into, IMO, the better.

Thanks,

xxxx xxx

2. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart CLM Millennium Member

3. BB62

BB62

4. GSD17

GSD17 Thread Killer

i know when i first tried to register it said my IP had been banned by the webmaster, I use AOL, figured maybe that was it, so i opened my internet explorer icon on my desktop and went to GT on there, it let me register, and ever since then i can get on on GT, try that, it worked for me

5. BB62

BB62

GSD,

Thanks for your post. Since I first posted, Sidearmor's offer of assistance came through for my friend and I am glad to say that the matter is resolved!

Thanks again.

BB62

6. GSD17

GSD17 Thread Killer

ok, no problem, i just know how aggravated i was when i tried to sign up