close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A free issue of Journal of Modern Combatives!

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by thomas rogers, Apr 27, 2006.

1. thomas rogers

thomas rogers

I set an initial goal to reach 2000 subscribers for JOMC. Things have gone pretty well, and we are almost to that goal (at 3000 subscribers we will move to a pressed magazine-I can't wait).

I realize that those of you who have subscribed (a little over 1750 subscribers) did it blindly or based on the word of someone else. I have decided to release the March 2006 issue, free to everyone who wants it, as a pdf. file. You can view it or print it by visiting our website (google- Journal of Modern Combatives) and clicking on "free issue" on the menu. I ask 2 things, first if you like it, subscribe. Second, let me know what you think (I appreciate honesty) by e-mailing the address on the free issue page.

To further reach the goal, I will extend the 2-for-1 deal until Sunday, May 7th, 2006. Those who subscribe will receive a 24-month subscription for the price of a 12-month subscription. Just go to the website, purchase a years subscription, and I will e-mail you a confirmation receipt stating that your purchase is good for a 24-month subscription. This is the same deal I offered in an earlier post. Additionally, you will be automatically entered into our sweepstakes for a chance at the new Springfield XD in .45 ACP (or a cash prize if you live in a NPE), plus other great prizes including training vouchers, complete firearms libraries, and tactical knives.

I appreciate your support and patronage!

Thomas

2. Norman

Norman Non nobis CLM

Could you give me a summary of what this magazine/journal is all about? I understand full well the title, but it paints such a broad picture that I'm hoping you might pin-down what the focus is... operators? weapons? international relations?

Thanks.

3. thomas rogers

thomas rogers

Norman,

Thanks for asking. Our focus is on training. The goal of the magazine is to consolidate training information that is relavent to personal safety, regardless of your specific application. Basically, we cover skills that get you home in one piece. Let me pose a hypothetical scenario- a man finds himself staring down the barrel of a firearm, it's dark, and there is no one around to help. What does he do?

Would it matter if he is an operator in the desert, a LEO on a dark stretch of highway, or a citizen in a deserted parking garage? Would there be any difference in response? Maybe. But if lethal force is warranted, the basic principles would not be any different (at least initially). JOMC's mission is to feature a broad, open-minded approach toward personal protection training in an effort to educate, inform, and promote personal security.

I hope it answers your question.

Thomas

4. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

5. thomas rogers

thomas rogers

Just a last minute reminder that the above 2-for-1 offer ends on Sunday night at midnight. I won't offer this again. I'm not giving you a high-pressure sales pitch. Starting this month we begin advertising in some national magazines, hitting a wider audience, so we won't be utilizing offers like this. The sweepstakes continues through July 8th, and all subscription recieved by that date are automatically entered into the sweepstakes. You can also send a postcard to us to be entered.

Thomas