A few pics with my new D200 and Tamron 17-50 f2.8

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by jmg, Mar 26, 2007.

1. jmg

jmg UCantFixStupid

I don't know how to add an image to text, so here's the attachment...sorry!

2. jmg

jmg UCantFixStupid

3. krinkov

krinkov Shutter Maniac

Try taking the same kind of shots with your Nikon lenses. You will find that photo#2 could have been so much better. Colors on photo#1 also seem a little off. It seemed like a beautifully-lit outdoor scene. It could have been your white balance was off but I doubt that. One good way to tell a fine lens is when you see a distinct "crispness" on the image and brilliance of colors. You'll see what I mean when you shoot with your Nikkor lens.

4. ponykilr

ponykilr Off The Porch

JMG, these are both well composed and executed. I agree that the color in the first image is a little bland, but a little post processing tweek could fix it. Love the shallow DOF in the 2nd shot.

5. sjfrellc

sjfrellc CLM

Get a free image hosting account at photobucket.com. Then load your pictures onto there site and "refer" to them here. You click on the IMG button on vB Code section when composing your post and type in the http:// address.

The type looks like this when you are ready to post except the stuff in parentheses.
    [(*ignore this inside the parentheses*)IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/Derm95/SJF_5408.jpg[/IMG(*ignore me too*)]

6. ponykilr

ponykilr Off The Porch

I just open a second internet explorer window and copy and paste the img url. Very easy.