A Different Shawn White thread

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ked, Feb 19, 2010.

1. ked

ked

i read the other thread, and i agree that Shawn White is the best in the field/world.

However, i was really disappointed with his display after his teammate busted. if he had busted on his next run, he may not even won a medal. he should have waited until he finished to celebrate.

kudos to the gutsy last run. he could have played it "safe". congrats to him.

ked:wavey:

2. douggmc

douggmc

He could literally have walked down the half-pipe for his last run ... and still won the gold. It didn't matter at that point ... the last run was meaningless.

With that said, i have issues with the way the young people are celebrating too. On the podium, immediately after, etc. It seems awfully self-centered and aggrandizing.

I also have an issue with just the attitude of some of them. I've seen several skiers/snowboarders/speed skaters interviewed after winning their gold and NONE of them alluded to anything about representing their country. It was "I" all the way. I think some of these young folks are missing the big picture of the Olympics.

3. HexHead

HexHead

You mean like him joking around and playing air guitar while the National Anthem was being played?

Grunge rock slackers have definitely brought a new dimension to the Olympics. It's still just the X-Games as far as they're concerned.

4. SouthernGal

SouthernGal What's Up Dox?

The real story last night was Evan Lysacek. The Russian was so mad he practically pouted on the podium. Funny considering he only went into the final round about a half point ahead of Lysacek.

Overconfidence will kill ya sometimes.

5. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Sláinte !

Change is inevitable,
    Growth is optional.